Flashband primer

I only have a short run to cover with DENSO TAPE FLASHING TAPE and I'm wondering how vital the primer is. Does anyone here know the answer? I'ld rather not have fork out more money for this little job.

Reply to
Jeweller

Whenever I've used Flashband, it's usually been on a very uneven surface, often with grit or gravel embedded in it (i.e. a typical flat roof covered with roofing felt and gravel). To ensure good adhesion and a good contact and seal between the roof and the Flashband, I've always spread a generous layer of liquid bitumen paint first

or similar), and applied the Flashband before the bitumen dries, so that it squidges out around the edges. Messy job though if you're not careful.

Reply to
Chris Hogg