Secondhand fire ecapes and balconies

Anyone know a source of these? You'd think salvage yards would have them. Google drawing a bit of a blank.

Reply to
norm

Be careful with second hand balconies:

sm_jamieson

Shitty old sheet-metal 'railings' by the looks of them; WW2 vintage, so not surprising something gave way.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

In message , Grimly Curmudgeon writes

You need men with vans who regularly get onto demolition sites:-)

I provide storage space for a cabglaze operation. They wanted to extend their space with a mezzanine and needed steps/safety railing. Took them about a week to find a set of steps fabricated in 12mm steel sheet with thick chequer plate steps. The railings came from the same source.

Strangely they seem to have forgotten about the Crittal metal window frames I requested!

Reply to
Tim Lamb

As most external escape stairs seem to be individually designed and built to suit the building they are fitted to, I suspect that they are not readily transferable and most probably go for scrap when the building is demolished.

Colin Bignell

Reply to
Nightjar

Would you consider fire damaged ones?

Reply to
ARW

On Friday 02 August 2013 17:22 Tim Lamb wrote in uk.d-i-y:

How big and where are you? I have one frame, that's going to the dump eventually, in East Sussex. Approx 1.4m wide by 0.8m high, casement and transom.

Reply to
Tim Watts

In message , Tim Watts writes

My wife has a cousin at Robertsbridge but we rarely meet.

I was looking for that sort of size but with the glazing bars giving small panes for security reasons.

I'm a bit North of St. Albans.

Reply to
Tim Lamb

Probably cannot be certified after removal?

Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

What height are you hoping to reach and what size balcony? Nick.

Reply to
Nick