Anti-vac bottle trap not working?

Kitchen sink blocked - replaced bottle trap with anti-vac bottle trap (avbt) - which looks similar enough - sink still blocked - removed avbt and checked waste pipe - no blockage for almost a metre length - replaced avbt and checked with water - after 4 cups of water sink began to fill up - That's not enough to fill the empty pipe and the avbt.
Please - any advice?
On Fri, 02 Aug 2013 14:44:01 +0000, Tom wrote:

And after that metre?

I can only guess that the pipe is blocked past your 1 metre check. Once the trap is full the air in the pipe can't escape so everyting backs up.
--
Cheers
Dave.
On 02/08/13 15:44, Tom wrote:

caustic soda crystals and a kettle of boiling hot water.
works every time
Just wear glasses..
--
Ineptocracy

(in-ep-toc’-ra-cy) – a system of government where the least capable to lead are elected by the least capable of producing, and where the members of society least likely to sustain themselves or succeed, are rewarded with goods and services paid for by the confiscated wealth of a diminishing number of producers.

I don't see how that helps? So I'll keep my clothes on, thank you very much - as well as glasses.
--
Rod

Presumably its not breathing properly somewhere but then, you guessed that.
Plumbing is a black art!
Brian
--
From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is active