Anti-vac bottle trap not working?

Kitchen sink blocked - replaced bottle trap with anti-vac bottle trap (avbt) - which looks similar enough - sink still blocked - removed avbt and checked waste pipe - no blockage for almost a metre length - replaced avbt and checked with water - after 4 cups of water sink began to fill up - That's not enough to fill the empty pipe and the avbt.

Please - any advice?

Reply to
Tom

I can only guess that the pipe is blocked past your 1 metre check. Once the trap is full the air in the pipe can't escape so everyting backs up.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

caustic soda crystals and a kettle of boiling hot water.

works every time

Just wear glasses..

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

I don't see how that helps? So I'll keep my clothes on, thank you very much - as well as glasses.

Reply to
polygonum

Presumably its not breathing properly somewhere but then, you guessed that.

Plumbing is a black art!

Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff