Bosch WFK2801 washing machine - outlet blocked (error 3)

Hi,
I have a ~8 year old Bosch front-loading washing machine, model
WFK2801. It's been working fine until this weekend when I (stupidly)
put 3 small squares (perhaps 30x30 cm) or carpet in.
During the low temp (30 C) wash lots of fluff/fibre came out of the
carpet. After completing the cycle I picked up the pieces of yarn
inside. I also cleaned the small amount out of the drain filter.
Today the wash stopped with error 3 - blocked outlet. I restarted
manually, and it drained, just a bit slowly. I did a 90 C wash with
some soda crystals (done many times before) to soften up any gunk/
limescale, and after this I again checked the filter, and also took
the opportunity to clean out the "trap" between the pump and rear of
machine - A piece that is often limescaled up.
It wasn;t too bad. The drain hose looked ok at the sink end, and no
blockage in the sink. I did not however remove/clean..
Just done another wash and the machine is really struggling to drain -
basically it won't!
- I;m pretty sure the pump is operating
- it starts emptying slowly (higher pressure in drum?) and then slows
to a crawl
- Some water comes out of the front/emergenvy drain hose connected to
pump, but not a huge amount
- When the pump operates water stops coming out of the short/front
emergency hose
- When the machine is powered off a glassful or so rapidly comes out
this same hose then slows to a trickle
- If the screw-cap over the pump/filter is removed water comes out
slower than expected?
Tomorrow I plan to (obviously) remove/clean the hose from machine rear
to drain.
I think I also need to check the one between the "trap" and the pump -
hope it's not too hard, not done that one before
What else could it be/should I check? How easy is it to get to the
pump to clean? Should I detach the pipe from the drum? Is it hard to
get to/reattach?
Many thanks for the advice.
Nigel.
(feeling a bit stupid right now......)
Reply to
planetf1
Did the deed (mostly) last night. Recommendation was access via front panel. access was pretty easy and one pipe was virtually blocked solid in limescale (+fluff and 5p coin!). Apart from one screw which needed penetrating oil to soak!
All done apart from the outer door seal to attach which needs a second pair of hands - and will prob be somewhat tricky.. think bicycle tyre. And of course testing .....
Other than 2 pairs of hands and soap, any recommendations for remounting the outer seal? The clip is actually just a solid wire (think coat hanger) attached with a very tight spring. It seems the best bet is to slide on with clip mounted, starting at the spring side, but it still seems very tricky
Reply to
planetf1

Site Timeline Threads