Bosch WFK2801 washing machine - outlet blocked (error 3)

Hi, I have a ~8 year old Bosch front-loading washing machine, model WFK2801. It's been working fine until this weekend when I (stupidly) put 3 small squares (perhaps 30x30 cm) or carpet in.

During the low temp (30 C) wash lots of fluff/fibre came out of the carpet. After completing the cycle I picked up the pieces of yarn inside. I also cleaned the small amount out of the drain filter.

Today the wash stopped with error 3 - blocked outlet. I restarted manually, and it drained, just a bit slowly. I did a 90 C wash with some soda crystals (done many times before) to soften up any gunk/ limescale, and after this I again checked the filter, and also took the opportunity to clean out the "trap" between the pump and rear of machine - A piece that is often limescaled up.

It wasn;t too bad. The drain hose looked ok at the sink end, and no blockage in the sink. I did not however remove/clean..

Just done another wash and the machine is really struggling to drain - basically it won't! - I;m pretty sure the pump is operating - it starts emptying slowly (higher pressure in drum?) and then slows to a crawl - Some water comes out of the front/emergenvy drain hose connected to pump, but not a huge amount - When the pump operates water stops coming out of the short/front emergency hose - When the machine is powered off a glassful or so rapidly comes out this same hose then slows to a trickle - If the screw-cap over the pump/filter is removed water comes out slower than expected?

Tomorrow I plan to (obviously) remove/clean the hose from machine rear to drain. I think I also need to check the one between the "trap" and the pump - hope it's not too hard, not done that one before

What else could it be/should I check? How easy is it to get to the pump to clean? Should I detach the pipe from the drum? Is it hard to get to/reattach?

Many thanks for the advice.

Nigel. (feeling a bit stupid right now......)

Reply to
planetf1

See later thread on Bosch WM HTH Phil

Reply to
nimbusjunk

Did the deed (mostly) last night. Recommendation was access via front panel. access was pretty easy and one pipe was virtually blocked solid in limescale (+fluff and 5p coin!). Apart from one screw which needed penetrating oil to soak!

All done apart from the outer door seal to attach which needs a second pair of hands - and will prob be somewhat tricky.. think bicycle tyre. And of course testing .....

Other than 2 pairs of hands and soap, any recommendations for remounting the outer seal? The clip is actually just a solid wire (think coat hanger) attached with a very tight spring. It seems the best bet is to slide on with clip mounted, starting at the spring side, but it still seems very tricky

Reply to
planetf1