Broken pull-out kitchen mixer tap

The pull-out kitchen mixer tap has just snapped off leaving its rear end in the hose connection.

There's not enough to grip with pliers and wrapping a suitably-sized dowel in non-slip mat didn't produce enough torque. I thought I might be able to cut some slots in the plastic to screw it out but it's hard to get a deep enough groove.

So can anyone suggest a way to remove the threaded remains?

Reply to
mike

Use a screw extractor - basically a coarse, tapered lefthand thread tap selected to suit the ID of the part to be removed

A standard engineering tool

Reply to
Bob Minchin

I had the same with a shower once, used closed pliers shoved in the hole, lots of pressure pushing into the hole, and anti-clockwise rotation, seemed to do the job...

Reply to
Toby

Find or make a bit of square steel that is slightly bigger diagonally, jam it in and turn.

Reply to
F Murtz

Tap a wood chisel or similar slightly oversized metal blade into the hole and unscrew by gripping the blade with pliers etc.

Reply to
harryagain

Or maybe melt it a bit?

Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Thanks for all the excellent suggestions, folks.

Harry's was the one wot done it. Strap wrench on the hose end, wood chisel in the broken tail.

Reply to
mike