Kitchen mixer tap problem

We have what I think is a Mayfair Como mono mixer tap, which is only about

18 months old (part of a new kitchen), and have always had to wait for hot water to appear but we put up with that. Recently we had a repair done to our combination boiler because of inconsistent domestic hot water supply (lots of visits from engineers, lots of things tinkered with - but new PCB seems to have fixed the problem) . Our DHW delivery is different, but it's absolutely fine upstairs - power shower, bath tap, basin tap, but the kitchen mixer tap does not want to run hot, just warm with little bursts of hot. Is there an obvious remedy that I (non plumber) cannot see?

dfrog

Reply to
dfrog

It sounds like there's a fault with the tap itself. Have you tried feeling whether the pipe below the sink gets hot ? if it does then the problem is above. Just an idea. Maybe try changing the tap if you can do it or maybe there's a guarantee.

Reply to
Joe

I had a similar problem which turned out to be the mixer tap allowing cold to flow into the hot through the internals of the mixer tap. Had to replace the tap. Try disconnecting(isolating) the cold from the tap and see if it runs hot then.

JimWestern

Thank you Joe & Jim, In following your advice, I checked the flexible connecting pipes below the Kitchen tap, and although I made no adjustments to anything, I did 'waggle' said pipes about a bit, then set tap to run in 'hot' mode, and got the hottest water we've had since kitchen was fitted 18 months ago. This makes me wonder if there was some debris in there somehow restricting flow of hot water - time will tell, and if problem recurs then I'll take connections and flexible pipe apart to clean out. Thank you both again for your help

dfrog

Reply to
dfrog