Kitchen mixer taps

After 8/9 years, our kitchen mixer tap is starting to leak - very slightly when the HW in the bathroom is running.
(My guess is reduction in pressure is causing ceramic discs to weep).
Having discounted repairing it (mainly because it seems no one can guarantee the fit of the myriad of possible replacements) a new one seems in order.
We have no interest in anything "stylish", so have limited the budget.
A trawl of t'net found this, which looked good
http://www.screwfix.com/p/watersmith-valencia-pull-out-mono-mixer-kitchen- tap-chrome/9876g
however (typically) out of stock everywhere, with no immediate substitution apparent. There is this
http://www.screwfix.com/p/watersmith-madrid-pull-out-mono-mixer-kitchen- tap-chrome/5824g
but the black hose is a bit naff.
Anyone know of a similar product ? The single mixer is essential for SWMBO to be able to operate with one hand.
Jethro_uk wrote:

My kitchen mixer has been in place about 7 years, and this year both hot and cold began to drip. I opened them up, more in hope than expectation, but I found scale deposits on the ceramic disc, which were quite easily removed, and all is well.
Perhaps the hardest part is knowing how to gain access; once in it may be simple to fix.
Chris
--
Chris J Dixon Nottingham UK
snipped-for-privacy@cdixon.me.uk
On Wed, 28 Oct 2015 18:37:10 +0000, Chris J Dixon wrote:

I've already had the cartridge out, and opened it up. No scale (we are a very soft water area in Brum). And as I pointed out to SWMBO, we could spend £20 ... £30 or more, guessing what kit we need, having a merry old dance fitting it, just to be left with a second hand tap at the end of it.
Things are made easier by the fact that we both want to dump the current was-clean-once astracite sink for a stainless steel one.

Would a 'hospital tap' one be any good?
--
*Marriage changes passion - suddenly you're in bed with a relative*