Cleaning black goo from kitchen mixer taps

How can I clean a mixer tap on a kitchen sink. Black goo is comin out and I feel it needs a dose of salts any ideas, or somethin shovin up it, any ideas

Phil of Whittlesey Peterborough England

Reply to
Phil

If you have a water tank in the loft, then make sure it gets cleaned regularly. If your kitchen cold tap is connected directly to a mains water supply, then get your water board to check the pipes around your house. If the black goo is sticking to the outside of the taps, then get a cloth and some bleach in your hand, and scrub it ya' filthy bugger.

Reply to
BigWallop

Could be a rotting washer or O-ring, you'll soon find out if it is ;)

Reply to
Lee Blaver

How can I clean a mixer tap on a kitchen sink. Black goo is comin out and I feel it needs a dose of salts any ideas, or somethin shovin up it maybe, any ideas

Phil of Whittlesey Peterborough England

Reply to
Phil

How can I clean a mixer tap on a kitchen sink. Black goo is comin out and I feel it needs a dose of salts any ideas, or somethin shovin up it, any ideas

Phil of Whittlesey Peterborough England

Reply to
Phil

On some basin taps we have filaments of black mould sometimes came out. Turned out the black mould was growing on the black plastic inserts in the nozzle that seem to be common in taps made nowadays to make the water look bubbly/aerated and spray straight. SWMBO was muchly distressed by the idea she'd been washing in this water for months.

DG

Reply to
derek