Super securing Everest Dbl glaze doors

If the lock goes on my Everest Dbl Glazed door and I have to wait for a lock fix or replacement how can I secure the door overnight until the lock fix man comes.

Its a metal an PVC door. Consult Police, screw bolt n bar to wall, or sleep in kitchen with knife an hammer under pillow or what ?

Phil of Whittlesey Peterborough England

Reply to
Phil

the lateral thinkers amongst us would have already purchased a spare lock.

All of above & depending on where you live maybe don't go to sleep.

Reply to
Chris Oates

On our new place (wot we are doing up) its secured by a bit of the old bannister wedged beween back of handle and the wall opposite, using a slight downward incline.

Reply to
Robert Irwin

Or shove the sofa against it. (on the inside of course) :-))

Reply to
BigWallop