Mixer tap in bathroom has low pressure

Hello, I've been browsing this group to find an answer to my low hot water pressure in the bathroom and was wondering if what I have discovered is correct. We have installed a new basin with a single mixer tap (Eurobath Zoo model) - before this we had a single hot and single cold tap. With the new mixer tap - the hot water pressure is really low and takes ages to get hot. The cold water pressure is fine - in fact it blasts out. The cold water pressure is very high in all the taps - I suspect all the taps are mains fed. We have a tank in the loft and a hot water cylinder in the airing cupboard. The boiler is in the garage. From reading posts in this group it seems that the high cold water pressure is overpowering the hot in the mixer tap. In fact, on one occassion water started gushing out of the overflow pipe into the garden - I thought this was a faulty ball valve but think now it could have been cold water forced down the hot pipe. Anyway, my question is - what can I do to fix this? Install a PRV and if so where do I need to install it?

Thanks

Pete

Reply to
Pete

Yiu must install te correct mixer tap when using different pressure hot and cold.

Franjkly if I were you I would bit ethe bullet and go full pressire on teh hot water. Its so much a nicer solution.

You can do that by installing a pressurised HW tank on existing boiler, or using a combi boiler..though I hate those meself for all but te smallest installations. Cost will be similar either way.

The other alternatives are to disconnect that tap from the mains cold and feed from the tank cold, or to replace the tap with one that mixes at the nozzle, or install a hot water pump (horrid and noisy) or as you are thinking, put some kind of restrictor valve on the cold feed.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher