Shower Sealant

So is concrete!

-- Mike W

Reply to
visionset

What is a good white sealant ? - I bought one only to find it was water based so I haven't used it in the shower zone.

I want a good vinegery sticky old fashioned white sealant to do around and under a cubicle and tray.

Any Screwfix recommendations?

Reply to
John

What you have is acrylic. What you need is silicone, preferably sanitary silicone. Screwfix have several.

Reply to
Grunff

Pay a bit more for the mould resistant ones while you are at it

Reply to
Newshound

That's what sanitary silicone is, it has a mould inhibitor.

Reply to
Grunff

The trouble I found with using silicone is that once you open th cartridge it will harden in the nozzle after use, even if you think yo have sealed it properly.

I came across a polymer, Evo-stick's multipurpose 'Superior to Silicon sealant. It claims to be superior to silicon and completely waterproof I have used it for a shower with good results and it doesn't harden i the tube

-- pebe

Reply to
pebe

There's no need for it to smell of vinegar to be genuine silicone. However, if you really want it to stink, look for the word "acetoxy cure" on the tube.

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle

Scrunch a 6" square of aluminium foil over the end of the nozzle.

Reply to
Huge

I always put a 4" (or thereabouts) piece of brown packing tape round the nozzle end, like a flag, when I have finished and wiped the nozzle with toilet paper. If it does 'go off' then it is only usually a small plug in the end which can easily be removed by using the gun or picking out with a panel pin etc.

HTH

John

Reply to
John

Unibond Power Shower sealant is good in this situation - also for sealing uPVC windows prone to condensation

Reply to
Alan Lynas