Fitting a shower "cubicle"

Because I'm on a very tight budget, I need a minamilist solution to my desire for a shower "cubicle". I say "cubicle" because I only want a shower curtain to keep in the water.

Now, I'm hoping my plan is doable, I mean only using a shower curtain to hold in the water.

I aim to get a cheap shower tray something like this:

that and then fit the curtain.

Is my plan workable? I mean, about just using a shower curtain.

Reply to
Richard

The shower would replace the bath and be immediately to the right of the bathroom door. It would be in a corner with both sides tiled.

I've only got 67cm width.

I'm trying to get a tray for say £50 or under. And as I say, I only want to have a shower cutain on the two sides opposite the walls.

The tray would stand on regular floor boards and piping would have to go under the boards.

Any recommendations gratefully received. :c) Thanks.

Reply to
Richard

It would work in so far as it would be possible to stand on the tray and spray water at yourself.

Looking at the tray, the big difference between that and having a shower over the bath is that the height of the lip, which you are depending upon to keep the shower curtain under control, is very small indeed.

In such a confined space as you describe, it would be very easy to accidentally push the shower curtain outwards, directing a flood of water beyond the tray. How much do you treasure the ceiling in the room below?

A mock-up of an enclosure the size of the tray you envisage would be instructive. Can you (or other intended users) retrieve a dropped flannel without displacing the curtain?

Irrespective of the screen arrangement, a shallow tray has little capacity for coping with a partially blocked outlet.

Chris

Reply to
Chris J Dixon

It will be cr@p. Keep the bath and fit a shower over it.

If you are replacing the bath why do you only have 76cm available?

A fuller description of the problem might help.

MBQ

Reply to
Man at B&Q

My architect told me (too late) that the trend is to simply have a depressed part of the floor with a drain in it - i.e. no shower tray. OK if you have a vinyl floor or tiles.

Reply to
Matty F

Then think yourself lucky. Bloody stupid idea, wetrooms!

Reply to
Scott M

Think yourself lucky!

"Trends" are best avoided at all costs.