Fitting A Bath Overflow

The overflow fitting on a bath . I mean the parts that fit just below the taps which consists of a faceplate and the other part behind the bath .Do they come in different sizes .The one I got from Screwfix..... The facing covers the hole ok but the part that comes from behind the bath is 35mm diameter but the hole is

50mm diameter so there is a lot of lateral movement available .

I havent fitted it yet but I can see already that the two parts are going to be hard to tighten up properly . Two thin rubber washers and one thicker plastic one have been supplied although it's not clear where each one goes .If I do use it I can see me having to use silicone and tape to get it tight ,especially if I am fussy about having the part that secures the chain horizontal..

Stuart

Reply to
Stuart

A 50mm hole is normally required for a pop up bath waste,and will not fit a standard waste

Reply to
Alex

I presume you mean the waste won't fit the hole...... Well this one is going to fit it .I am determined .I do not want a popup waste .I had one before .

A piece of suitable plastic with a hole drilled out with a holesaw and siliconed to the back of the bath should do .

Reply to
Stuart