Bath Waste Trouble .

I ordered a bath waste ( item number 10262) from

and it arrived today just after the bath arrived .

I tried the overflow part on the bath .It consists of the cover and two thin and one thick washers .

Using all three washers ,one thin one inside the bath and the other two at the back it was impossible to screw the two parts together .Using the two thin washers it could be screwed together but not without some difficulty. It got to acertain tightness and then went loose again .The bore of the overflow connection on the back of the bath is a good bit smaller then the hole in the bath . Screwing it together away from the bath it tightens up fine .

Are these sizes not standard .?

Is it going to be a case of fitting the overflow with the assistance of some silicone to keep it retained and leak free.

Stuart

Reply to
Stuart

You use whichever combination works. Remember that baths come in varying thicknesses from el-cheapo steel ones to CI and better quality (thicker) acrylic.

Reply to
Tony Bryer