Bath Taps Not Tightening

I sort of know one answer to this but anyway I'll ask to see if another idea comes up.

I replaced my bath and used the old taps but got a couple of washers in my last order from

. The old ones were soft,rubbery material but these new ones are a firmer plastic Part No 11210 described a 3/4" bath tap etc washer .

I am using flexible tap connectors and I know that copper helps to stop the taps from loosening but I'm not propsing to change these . I can get the cold to tighten ok but the hot is causing a problem for some reason . . Should there be a washer of some sort on the underside of the bath between it and the backnut ( which is brass) . Might one here help .? Any other ideas appreciated

Stuart

Reply to
Stuart

On Wed, 29 Nov 2006 16:56:10 +0000 someone who may be Stuart wrote this:-

Yes.

Yes.

What do you mean by being "unable to get the hot to tighten ok"? Does the tap spin round, or is the nut slipping?

Reply to
David Hansen

welly a load of silicone in everywhere..most taps with plastic nuts never will tighten up enough before you strip the nuts,,fibre washers underneath rubber gaskets (or silicone) above..and you may just get enough friction.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

I can't get the nut to tighten sufficiently to stop the tap turning when you open and close it . I'll try putting a washer below it ( between the bath and the backnut I mean) as I have now found another one .The cold tap has a washer there already as I could only find one .

Stuart

Reply to
Stuart

The backnuts are actually brass as I bought new brass ones to replace the plastic ones when I knew they were going to be used on the new bath . I'll try a combination of silicone and utilise the rubbery washers that were on the old bath to see if that helps. thx to all

Stuart

Reply to
Stuart

You need to get top hat washers,to go between bath and nut

Reply to
Alex