Mixer taps with unabalanced water pressure?

I have a system with cold water direct from the main (I guess the pressure is at least 1 bar) and gravity fed hot water (tank in the loft and cylinder in the airing cupboard, the head is no more than 6 feet in the upstair bathroom).

I'd like to have mixer taps in the bathroom but I am not sure if I can do this with my system. I am quite sure I cannot use any "standard" (continental) mixer as they are good only for balanced (and high) pressure.

I spoke with a plumber and browsed several catalogues but have not been able to get a clear answer.

Are there any bathroom mixer taps that can be used with such a system (maybe a "fake mixers" like those for the kitchen sink where the two waters are not really mixed but come in two different pipes to the spout)?

Reply to
Claudio Potenza

In message , Claudio Potenza writes

Yes that is exactly what you want. you can certainly get them, the taps we put in our bathroom (Waterways, by Ideal Standard) could be bought in either versions. I'm sure other makes can as well.

I think they called them 'Twinflow' BICBW.

Reply to
chris French

Thermostatic valves can certainly handle unbalanced pressure (but not as much as the makers cliaim), but most models really need 0.5bar (17 ft) pressure minimum to work well.

Reply to
Ed Sirett