Kitchen mixer tap install

Can someone tell me please:
The standard size for UK connections to connect a relatively standard kitchen mixer tap. Ideally, I am looking for a 5mm? connection into the tap, with a piece of hose (again ideal length) to connect into my pipework. Again, is there a standard length? and is there a standard size 15mm ? to connect into the pipework.
Please excuse my ignorance.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
Add image file
Upload is a website for homeowners and building and maintenance pros. It is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.