Kitchen tap

I have a new kitchen tap, with different pipe fittings. I am a complete amateur so please bare with me.
I have seen taps supplied with 4mm copper tails that can be joined into my existing pipework.
Are there standard pipe sizes in the UK? I have been looking at some tasty european taps that are supplied with 4mm hoses with 19-20mm connectors to connect into the pipework, but the existing connectors under my sink are bigger. Can I use Europen fittings or should I figure something else out? What do you recommend?
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
Add image file
Upload is a website for homeowners and building and maintenance pros. It is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.