double 1/2" tap connector - do they exist?

Have a double sink with two taps to plumb, they each have the usual 2 X flexi tails and I have 15mm plastic pipe H&C feeds to connect back to..

Ideally I want a T shaped connector with 2X 1/2" BSP male tap connectors and one 15mm pushfit (or compression) end - do they exist?

ta Jim K

Reply to
Jim K

thinking on - will a 15mm compression T joint with 2 of the 3 olives and nuts removed do what I want? i.e. if I connect 2X 1/2"BSP flexi tap tails (with rubber washer in) to the T joint, and plumb the supply to the normal olived port, would that work? or why not?

Cheers Jim K

Reply to
Jim K

anyone? ta Jim K

Reply to
Jim K

I don't think that would be a good idea. The rubber washer in teh flexi expects a flat shoulder on the mating fitting. The shoulder on a compression joint tends to be sharper and not designed for washers.

I had the same dilemma when swapped a ballcock from a stupid plastic threaded bit of crap to a proper one with a solid brass thread. The plastic one was designed for a tap connector (not much else they could do) and the brass one for a compression joint to pipe and it had a very sharp shoulder. Don't think a rubber washer would have lasted very long...

Possible solutions:

-------------

These ones:

to compress to the pipe, so stick some stubs of pipe in the tee.

--------------

These:

10530

Are push fit, so simply make up copper with free ends and plug those on.

--------------

If you look really hard, it might be possible to get 1/2" by 1/2" tap tails and you could use a brass "iron" BSP tee on the copper and simply bolt onto that.

--------------

There is another option, which is to dispense with the flexi tails and use JG Speedfit plastic for the last 2' to the taps. There's enough flexibility for you not worry.

Cheers

Tim

Reply to
Tim Watts

thanks tim, tho i haven't explained well enough that:- the small M10? screw-in flexis (supplied with the tap) present a 1/2" bsp female tap connector type fitting to the 15mm supply side...I was hoping for a neater solution than using 4 of these (H & C X2) and the extra associated pipework/fittings:-

your point abt the sharp edge on the compression T - maybe i could use the angle grinder on those?;>)

the brass "male iron bsp tee" sounds good - i've googled various combinations but not found ought - any ideas where/what to search for?

cheers Jim K

Reply to
Jim K

>> take your point abt the sharp edge on the compression T - maybe i

Would this be suitable?

.newman

wash machine/ dishwasher hoses

also not sure if they would handle hot water, so would prefer metal (or mainly metal)

ta Jim K

Reply to
Jim K