G 1/2"/BSPP 1/2" to NPT 1/2"

I was thinking of installing this handheld bidet

in the side of a vanity.

The specs say that the inlets are G 1/2", the Asian/European version of FIP, aka BSPP (non-tapered)

I have two supply lines from the sink valves (3/8" NPT (female) to 1/2" NPT (female)).

So apparently I need a G 1/2" male to NPT 1/2" male adapter as well as the seals that are necessary.

Am I missing something here? I can't understand how so many people have installed this in the U.S. without running into the need for the BSPP to NPT adapters.

Reply to
sms

Did you not notice in your amazon link they list the adapters as well???? What makes you think they are being installed without them, or they are hard to get???

Reply to
Clare Snyder

I am still looking for some adapters for some nice Russian surplus gauges I got at Sportsman's Guide some years ago. They are almost 3/4" NPT but it is a straight metric thread. I assume you use a washer like a CO2 Bevco bottle. They are big suckers tho, about 150mm and an assortment of K/P ranges.

Reply to
gfretwell

That's MNPT to MNPT, not MNPT to G 1/2. The threads are different and G

1/2 is not tapered. People may be buying those, but it's not the right item. I see in the comments for the item people complaining about leakage.

Because the actual thing you need is BSPP 1/2" male to NPT male.

Reply to
sms