Threaded rod for tap

We have a kitchen tap which was held in place in the draining board with two threaded rods. One end of each rod went into the tap base, the other had a nut on which was screwed up against a plate to spread the load across the underside of the draining board.

The tap now needs to be mounted on a 30mm quartz worktop and the screwed rods are too short so I need to find longer ones. They are ~6mm in diameter but I don't know what to look for in terms of thread size. Is there a standard 'kitchen-tap-threaded-rod'?

Most likely to be M6. Measure the pitch over many threads. M6 has a 1mm pitch.

Bob

Reply to
Bob Minchin

Have you tried 6mm studding?

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Looks like 1mm pitch to me: thanks!

Use either brass or stainless steel replacement, rather than just zinc-coated steel :-)

Reply to
Frank Erskine

Thanks, I've got stainless on the way.