Kitchen sink mixer tap

I'm refitting out kitchen. Upon re-fitting the sink and tap, the washer that sits below the tap and above the sink was 'loose'. I tried messing around with it to get it to fit flush/tight but it wouldn't and was therefore useless. It's now broken and I have no replacement. Do I even need a washer here? or could I use some kind of sealer? It seemed to me the washer itself was preventing the tap from sitting flash with the sink top. The washer broken is the one marked here:

-Tap

-Washer***

-Sink

-Washer

-Bolt to secure tap to sink

-Pipes

Reply to
hoicem

Silicon sealer. Make sure it is a stay white/clear type so it doesn't grow mould. You should probably use silicon even if you have the washer.

Reply to
dennis