Connecting TV

In my Motorhome I had a TV that ran on 12v with a powerpak. The lead to the powerpak is a figure of 8 which I ran enclosed across the ceiling from the socket on the opposite side. I have now bought a larger LCD TV that is powered with by240v with a standard plug, any ideas as to how to convert the figure of 8 to a mains socket. I have looked on the shed sites and can't see any adapters or extension sockets. Barry
On 02/08/2013 18:19, Corporal Jones wrote:

Buy a trailing socket and wire it on?
Corporal Jones wrote:

Cut the plug off the telly's lead and cut the fig 8 plug off and join the two cables using a connector block and some insulating tape.
Bill
And then hope the power packs output does not freek out the switch mode supply in the new telly. Brian
--
From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is active
"Bill Wright" < snipped-for-privacy@invalid.com> wrote in message
On Fri, 02 Aug 2013 18:19:07 +0100

One of these http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/160803207872 in a surface mount box with a 13 amp socket? You might be able to graft it onto the end of a trailing socket to keep the size down a bit.
On 02/08/2013 18:19, Corporal Jones wrote:

It would be best to either hard wire the TV to the cable, by chopping off the figure of 8 connector, and then using something like this http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/231021458419
Or fitting something smaller than standard UK plug/socket, something like this http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/330939503276
--
Toby...
Remove pants to reply

Maybe I'm missing something here, but why do you want to connect your 240V TV to the old cabling, which goes to a 12V supply?
If you have a 240V supply in your caravan (presumably you'll be using a hookup) then you just plug it in to a socket. If you're away from a hookup, then you would usen an inverter from the 12V supply.
On 03/08/2013 11:45, Road_Hog wrote:

My old tv is 12/240v, the mains socket is sited on the opposite side of the van than the TV. The powerpak to run the TV is situated next to the TV and the figure of 8 plugs into this, I bought an extra long one so I could duct it up the wall, across the roof and down to the tv along with the aerial and scart leads. I was hoping to find an easy neat solution of a trailing socket that would accept the figure of 8 cable but thinking about it that would not be allowable as an appliance that needs an earth could then be plugged into it. I will just chop of the fig 8 connection and wire it into a trailing socket.
Corporal Jones wrote:

What for? The socket serves no purpose. Remove the TV set's mains plug and the
fig 8 plug and connect the two wires together. Like I said.
Bill

but I supect the OP wants to take the TV set out of the vehicle without using tools, so he needs a plug/socket arrangement.
--
From KT24

Using a RISC OS computer running v5.18
On 04/08/2013 09:42, charles wrote: