OT: wetwipes down the bog

Yes it is. I know of only one person who refuses to use a mobile. But he was happy to use mine when his car key broke and he had to get his wife to deliver the spare key. I had to dial his number for him and hand him the phone to talk to his wife.

Not rare enough to permit most companies I've

None of the ones I deal with have done that.

Reply to
John Angus

If put down the drains they will eventually block them.

I'm not sure words can block drains but I think goalposts would.

Reply to
whisky-dave

Wow that is quick after a few emails going back and forwards I now have our buildings services manager visiting sometime in the next hour, but it's raining so....

I had that with one of the academics, he said you're careers over after I upset him.

Ours was eventually found to be doing something dodgey so he got promtoed to get him out of the way, then re-employed as a consultant who are usualy on a higher salery than standard staff get.

Ours sucked his way up the ladder to become head of department and was heading to become principle of the college was his aim.

Reply to
whisky-dave

Nobody is saying that they should be instantly soluble!

So long as they dissolve before they are able to congregate in sufficient numbers to cause a problem, that would be OK.

It might need a bit of research to find an inhibitor to prevent them dissoving before use but that would be instantly diluted from the moment they enter the water.

Reply to
Terry Casey

we didn't use outside contractors then.

Reply to
charles

why not use your bidet, not British of course, but a nullifier of wet wipes.

Reply to
critcher

Thank you Tony. By the way I've noticed that your own standards of literacy have improved enormously over the last few years. Have you been on a course?

Bill

Reply to
Bill Wright

Not deliberately. That would be silly.

You are so damned admirable I'm lost for words.

Bill

Reply to
Bill Wright

Energy isn't a problem. There's more coming from the sun than we could ever need. If cheaper sources of energy aren't available more expensive sources will start to be used.

unless some energy could be recovered by screening,

As long as the pollution isn't near habitation it doesn't matter. The particulates fall to the ground and the gasses disperse.

When I was a carer for two I would always use the wetroom like that, then get the skin properly dry. But when you take somebody shopping and you have to take them to a council disabled lavatory it isn't always possible.

Bill

Reply to
Bill Wright

What even at night, that's part of the problem isnl;t it people needing power when the sun isn't availble in the coutry or hemisphere.

wow .

yeah sure they do, you've heard about winds haven't you. And pollution does afect the world even if it isn;t in a habitation zone.

Have you not heard of the ice caps melting ? Not much habitation to cause problems at those points.

Reply to
whisky-dave

Not sure what you mean Brian.

Bill

Reply to
Bill Wright

No. There isn't.

And its execptionally high entropy energy.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

On todays 'Homes under the hammer' they were at a terraced property in Barry that was almost totally done out internally with diagonal pine cladding and the ground floor bathroom extension had a chocolate brown bath and bidet.

Now that is a sensible colour. Camoflages all the skid marks.

Reply to
Andrew

I have a neighbour like that. He also refuses to use the self-serve BP monitor at the surgery and makes an appointment so that the nurse can do it.

Also still working almost daily buying cars at auction, doing them up and selling on, all for cash, despite being retired with 5 pensions between him and his wife.

Reply to
Andrew

especially when the lavatory is severely disabled.

Reply to
charles

It's nothing to being 'admirable' (other than to those who aren't I guess), it's all to do with trying to be a 'good citizen?

But maybe that's only a goal of a right brainer ... those with empathy to see that's it's only down to the good / sensible nature of 'most people' that we aren't in a worse state than we are? If we weren't, there isn't the manpower to do anything about it.

We don't litter, play loud music or run noisy vehicles, not because we are 'trying to be admirable', but because doing those would be considered 'anti social' by 'most people'.

It's all to do with being fair and reasonable and understanding that it's generally somONE who has to clear up the mess or suffer the noise / disruption.

As a motorcyclist I can see *some* logic to the 'Loud Pipes Save Lives' thing, but:

1) There are legal maximums for such things for good social and medical reasons. 2) It only works until everyone is running loud pipes and everyone is deaf (like no one takes any notice of Hi-Viz jackets any more).

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

Nothing instantly about the time in the packet before they are used.

Pity about the time in the packet before they are used.

A hell of a lot of research in fact.

but that would be instantly

If it was that easy, they'd be doing that now.

Reply to
John Angus

That?s more likely to be due to preferring having something to do that interests him in retirement.

Reply to
John Angus

Of course there is.

Bill

Reply to
Bill Wright

I'll just point out that, however superior you think you are (and usually that's a smokescreen covering up a massive inferiority complex), it does not make your assertions true.

There is strong evidence that wet wipes block the drains and cause environmental damage. Your assertion to the contrary says a great deal about your addled thinking.

Reply to
GB