OT: wetwipes down the bog

Astonishing? Most astonishing things can be explained simply. This was TV. Think on.

Bill

Reply to
Bill Wright

Because of outrageous land prices caused by the unequal supply and demand situation for housing, caused by the population increase, 60% of which is due to immigration. If it wasn't for Brown and Blair allowing unrestricted immigration we'd all have room for bidets.

Bill

Reply to
Bill Wright

BTW it's "hordes" Bill and you an ex English teacher;?..

Reply to
tony sayer

They are here. 1930s build, combined sewers.

SteveW

Reply to
Steve Walker

They ones I use are non-plastic. Cellulose based I assume, as they are FSC approved apparently!

SteveW

Reply to
Steve Walker

At work one of the signed emergency exits was blocked by a cherrypicker right outside it, doing some work on the ceiling. I was rather surprised when the site's H&S officer took no interest and didn't even want to come and investigate. I said "should I contact the H&S Executive and explain that our H&S officer won't deal with it or should I explain at an inquest". He was there in about 30 seconds :-) He never talked to me again afterwards and glared at me whenever we passed in a corridor, but he was an awkward sod at the best of times. He had been in charge of the company's library before it was closed and he was redeployed, and he was forever going round telling people in a very loud voice to be quiet. I had a go at him about that - I said "the noise of other people whispering is not disturbing me, but you telling everyone to be quiet, in a very loud voice, most certainly is". Immediately everyone else turned round and agreed with me.

Reply to
NY

Not true of Aldi.

The reason for this variety is apparently that

Reply to
John Angus

when I was with child,(parent) we used terry nappies which were de-soiled and the result thrown down the toilet. The nappies were then washed and hung on a line. Now there are thousands of tons(tonnes) of shit going to landfill.

Reply to
critcher

The smallest cars like the SMART are just as small as they ever were.

Reply to
John Angus

Must be why no one uses mobile phones or credit/debit cards.

Reply to
John Angus

Ah, so maybe you would be one of those who would litter to give someone a job?

We don't wash / change the linen and the towels, we don't 'check' that any consumables need topping up (or do so), we don't clean the windows or empty the bins (unless there is an obvious requirement / provision to do so).

What we might have done along the way is properly clean the things we use (toilet, sink, basin, shower, cooking utensils) and put the Hoover round (if there is one, dustpan and brush if not) and wipe things down (properly). We would do that because we would prefer to use them like that ad so they get left like that?

I have even fixed stuff ... where I'm 100% sure that doing so would be safe / welcomed. Tightening lose screws, clipping stuff back into place or even reporting things I consider might be dangerous and / or need attention. In nearly all cases, the owner is more than happy to get that sort of feedback from us than a complaint from the next person.

We also hang clothes back up we try on in shops ... weird eh?

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

We were still using Izal or Bronco when those colours were fashionable. Anyway, I thought everyone had white these days? I recently moved from a place with a piss-coloured suite (built in the late 80s I think). Much more practical. And I did buy matching bog paper.

Reply to
Max Demian

Yes, they do, especially if they are replaced as they are cut down.

However, the energy required and the pollution created to cut them down and process them into toilet paper can't be replaced or neutralised, unless some energy could be recovered by screening, drying and burning the paper waste in a power plant (creating even more pollution).

So, the less 'follow up' required after the paper is used the better (for all of us) with the best being it dissolves into something biodigestable and at the worst, your wet wipes. ;-(

The Mrs worked as a carer in a Care Home and the std process was first toilet tissues and then they would be washed down in the shower. No wet wipes were used in the cleaning of the resident. ;-)

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

I'm involved in a thread on another forum about people who refuse to use cashpoints, let alone mobile phones ....

Reply to
Jethro_uk

Sure, but that?s rare.

Reply to
John Angus

I put 2 down our old bog and removed 2 from just under it when I removed th e big a year or so later.

I suspect if I?d put many down there might well have been a blockag e at our place.

Reply to
cpvh

Not as rare as you'd think. Not rare enough to permit most companies I've worked for to dump calling people up, and handling snail mail, for example.

Reply to
Jethro_uk

Have I not seen this thread in the last few days? Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Please tell me that that's self-parody.

Reply to
Roger Hayter

No. Unfortunalty I'd sure like one I could find uses for it around 5pm :-)

They run those in the mornign before I arrive, that way if things arenlt working they can sort it or cover it up without anyone knowing

we have the push buttons in emergency green.

These are next to the normal exit buttons ans they wonder why sometimes a studetn pushes the wrong one, I suspect at least 10 years before they find a solution.

Wow that was fast, I'm still waiting for the fire doors to be completed 8 years and counting.

Reply to
whisky-dave