OT:EU, our friend and ally?

Why did you do that, BTW?

Including 17 year olds. My youngest is very clued up with politics but was too young to get a vote in the referendum.

Strange, since they was a lack of information about leaving the EU.

Difficult to do.

As I have said before, the whole thing was badly managed.

Reply to
Mark

I would disagree with this. I believe that at least one of the main parties is getting more extreme, not less.

And, I'm sure there's lot of fake news on Social media.

Agreed.

That's always been an issue for democracy. There's an argument for teaching politics to all school children, but it would be difficult to do in practice to avoid bias.

Indeed.

I do believe that part of the Brexit vote was a protest against the Cameron government.

As if ;-)

--snip--

Reply to
Mark
8<

How does that work when brexshiteers like TNP claim the EU controls so much of the UK and Scotland has a subset of what the UK can do?

Yet more sh!t from TNP IMO.

Reply to
dennis

In article , "Dave Plowman (News)" writes

Well Spain isn't likely to leave the EU.

Reply to
bert

And let's not forget Zimbabwe

And the union with Scotland was a voluntary arrangement at the behest of the Scots.

Reply to
bert

He was comparing it to Greece, Dense.

Reply to
bert

In article , Mark writes

They were asked. You get asked once.

Reply to
bert

In article , T i m writes

So on the one hand people are too thick to vote but on the other they should have a matrix of options to choose from.

Reply to
bert

Adults get to vote - children don't. Obviously there is a transition from child to adult and varying rate of development.

Reply to
bert

In article , Mark writes

I heard Collins dictionary is adding this as a new word (singular) so must be written fakenews or was the whole story fake news as opposed to good news or bad news or is it now goodnews and badnews or even nonews? (My 1980s newsreader has an option newnews, obviously well ahead of its time)

Reply to
bert

Its very simple. Because then we would have years ond years of referneda until we got one that by a miracle said 'lets go back in'

We dont fear the electorate. We fear the establishment.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

It is because we kept being told it was. In writing, and by such as Lord Pantsdown. "One vote will be enough", he said. He was obviously expecting Remain to win, and wanted it wired in that if Remain won by one vote, there'd be no Leavers bleating about how 15,000,000 for Leave and 15,000,001 for Remain was not a 'clear indication' of the 'will of the people'.

Further, we were told many times by the likes of Osborne how Leave winning would mean leaving the Single Market etc etc. So let's have no more shit from spaced-out-tim about how 'we didn't know what we were voting for'.

It's definitely time for Mark, spaced-out-tim, Our Dave, and various others to recognise that they have definitely become the pub bores of this ng.

Reply to
Tim Streater

So was I or are you thick?

Reply to
dennis

I don't fear one, but it would be pointless, cost money and waste time unnecessarily. It also just cannot happen, so why bother even suggesting it?

The decision has been made, man up and live with it.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

You haven't go the hang of this have you?

I asserted the only thing you could do with non-voters is assume they're happy with other people deciding for them, if *you* think there's something different that can be done (such as asking them) that's for

*you* to do ...
Reply to
Andy Burns

Was he pregnant at the time?

Reply to
JoeJoe

So, exactly were are all the guarantees this *will* happen printed so I can go and look at them?

IYHO I'm guessing? At least we are keen for democracy to continue to reflect the hear and now, not what happened historically.

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

Because I didn't know which way to vote but wanted to make my mark to demonstrate to the powers that be that it wasn't down to lack of effort etc.

And ironically, he is the one who may suffer most if it all goes wrong.

But not impossible.

Yup.

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

Correct ... because that way they could highlight their desires whilst being prompted re what the key options are via multiple choice.

And I bet even you could come up with a shortlist of the top topics people typically voted for.

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

All that means is that the attempt at stopping that using armed repression failed.

It does now, but didn?t when armed repression was used by England there.

Reply to
Simon Jones