It would have been easy to do.

Old news but they played a clip on the radio, of trump saying that China should have kept the virus in China "it would have been easy to do."

Would it have?

Trump put in a travel ban for people from China but it didn't include what iirc were thousands of Americans who came home from China. Were none of these carrying the virus? I think they were. Isn't that how the virus got started in Seattle?

Why didn't trump make those thousands stay in China or isolate them in the US for 2 weeks.

Isnt' he just as responsible as China is?

Reply to
micky

Not easy, but certainly possible. They did lock down Wuhan and Hubei province very hard and that did stop the spread to the rest of China quite effectively and they could have done that earlier. It did take them a while to work out that the virus was a very serious medical problem that needed that.

Correct,

Yes.

He did do that with the govt people he evacuated from Wuhan.

Not just as, but the virus did originate in Wuhan.

Reply to
invalid unparseable

The first case identified back in that period was a traveler from Wuhan who arrived in WA before Trump's travel ban in late January. Since then, cases have been identified among people who died in northern CA even earlier in January. AFAIK, no one knows how they contracted it, the two I read about had no known contacts, no logical path. One was a woman who spent most of her time caring for her elderly mother, did her shopping at the store down the street, etc. The other was an older guy who was found dead in his house and not much is known.

Why don't you ask about why your team, eg Pelosi, condemned Trump's travel ban at the time and tried to claim he was racist? That's right, your team said it was wrong, racist, to cut off travel from China.

Reply to
trader_4

%% explained on 8/19/2020 :

That's the current belief. At one time, they thought the Spanish Flu came from Spain.

Reply to
FromTheRafters

China locked their own folks down, but allowed international travel. This was really dirty pool. Italy and Iran sure paid the price.

The commie flue did indeed originate from China's Wuhan Institute of Virology, which specialized in the Covid virus.

Whether by accident (someone selling infected animals to the wet markets), or on purpose, or by accident and then taken advantage of, history may never find out. These are extremely viscous people (Chicoms) we are dealing with: they have the blood of over 50 millions souls on their hands.

Trump had to go on the information he had. Keep in mind that the Chinese commies and their pals in WHO lied about how contagious it was.

Add to that, our own "almost" commies, attacked Trump viciously for being a racist and xenophobe when he first shut down travel. Now the self same ass holes are on his case for not reacting soon enough.

You would have though the CIA would have had better information than the crap WHO and China was feeding Trump. From now on, I bet the CIA will.

Because they are not my enemy and trump is.

There are several others reasons too, but if you'd think for a while, that one should be enough for you.

Reply to
micky

I think Cuomo is trying to blame Europe for this one too. That guy must have a wheelbarrow to carry his balls. The title of the book should be 'How I Cleaned Out the Nursing Homes'.

Reply to
rbowman

It is in fact what has been shown using rigorous science.

But we now know, using rigorous science that that is not the case.

And at that time they didn't even know what a virus was, let alone being able to see where it started in the sense of that much worse strain of influenza.

Reply to
invalid unparseable

The Spanish people called it the French Flu as they thought it came from there.

Spanish newspapers at the time were heavily reporting it and people made the assumption it originated there.

Virus was discovered in the 1890s but real research was still in its infacny in 1918.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

And did that very rigorously indeed, including quite literally welding up the doors of the flat they were living in so they couldn’t get out etc.

Not from Hubei province they didn’t and at one time didn’t even allow other countries to evacuate their own citizens.

And I know that because a mate of mine and his chinese wife and kid were in the adjacent province in late Jan for the chinese new year and had a hell of a job getting to Shanghai to get back home.

Its actually a lie.

Their problem was from those who had left china before china had locked down any of their own.

No it did not. That strain was completely different generically.

The strain identified there is quite different generically.

Of course we can eventually. It just takes a lot of time to do that like it did with sars1.

Beats being as runny as you are.

But they did deal with the virus much better than the USA did.

50M havent died of this virus yet.

So did the other countries like Taiwan, Vietnam, Nez Zealand etc which had enough of a clue to lock down their borders and in the case of Taiwan ended up with just SEVEN deaths due to this virus.

They didn’t realise that it could be spread person to person until rather too late.

But when they did work that out, locked down much more effectively than Trump did.

There never were any almost commies that matter in the USA,

Fools abound everywhere.

Because he didn’t. The USA STILL doesn’t quarantine those arriving in the country.

He just ignored what his own people in Wuhan had told him about the virus. Tho he did evacuate them.

Wouldn’t get on it, they keep f****ng up spectacularly.

Reply to
invalid unparseable

None of that happened.

Nope.

Wrong. The bus and train and private cars and taxis where shut down.

You don’t know that.

< Sorry. You are repeating Communist propaganda.

Nope, the scientific evidence, the virus genome.

By analysing the genetic structure.

There are western scientists who were there at the time and they have samples of the virus they were modifying.

And it’s a runny regime, not viscous at all.

<>> infected animals to the wet markets),

An analysis of its genetic structure.

That’s a lie. Western scientists were there at the time.

Nope.

There are western scientists who were there at the time and they have samples of the virus they were modifying.

Reply to
invalid unparseable

%% used his or her keyboard to write :

Perhaps more rigorous science will track the virus rather than the disease and come to a different conclusion regarding SARS-CoV-2 origin.

The outbreak of COVID-19 originated in China as is indicated by that rigorous science, but the virus is not the disease. Even now, people still get the virus and spread it without having the disease.

I will stick with 'current belief' as opposed to 'scientific fact' until more phylogenetic work is done.

This might interest you:

FromTheRafters

The only real question is the animal host that was involved in the move to humans. That still isnt completely clear even with SARS 1 yet.

Yes.

Yes, but that's not uncommon with viruses, some are carriers who don't get the disease.

Laying to rest the lab escape claim isnt tricky, the virus that is rampaging around the world is generically very different to what was being manipulated in that lab.

Reply to
invalid unparseable

Thank you for helping me update my kill file