OT:EU, our friend and ally?

Some do, somne dont. And are tehre any 'independent' reports?

Gosh - you wonder how generals ever run wars not knowing exactly what their enemies are doing...

I guess thats why remoaners just surrender at the first sign of conflict.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

That's the point, we don't know that either. However, we *were* the

4th highest GDP in the world, had a reasonably good standard of living and the lowest level of unemployment in the world (if not Europe) and so whatever was going on, it can't have been 'that bad' can it?

Remember, I have never stated leaving wouldn't be better, just that anyone *actively* looking to change the status quo (when it was far from terrible) better have some pretty convincing arguments behind them.

All we have been given so far is BS, hopes, dreams and unsupported promises. I for one would prefer not to leave dry land to sit on that iceberg in the 'hope' that everything will be better ...

Put up (some facts) or shut up (trying to convince anyone that your

*gamble* is a winner).

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

He's doing his best ... 'bless'. ;-)

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

They were created by the Westminster Parliament.

Reply to
charles

I have a lot to loose and I voted for leave. I think the effects of Brexit will show much quicker that some suppose and some of the (good) effects are already showing, amongst them the value of my investment have risen dramatically and quite suddenly.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

On the basis of non-binding referendums.

Reply to
Tim Streater

What else would it mean?

No doubt we could, but I think the man on the Clapham omnibus would give you a flea in your ear.

Reply to
Tim Streater

No one has an anti-European agenda. Unless you think there are people who are going to dig Europe up and ship it to the Pacific to fill the Marianna Trench.

Numbers of people may have anti-EU agendas, however, and no wonder.

Reply to
Tim Streater

Yes, that's true.

That's not true. You have inferred those things from what you personally think "leaving the EU" should entail.

Strictly speaking, we could be outside the EU and still be signed up to most of those things you mention.

Reply to
pamela

..and if doing that didn't produce the outcome you wanted, keep trying?

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

Well, we may find out one day.

With an element of guesstimation, luck and determination, rarely much fact, as every defeated General will attest.

No, they just wouldn't go into battle (*start* a war) without having a rough idea about the odds were in the first place.

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

Political extremists have tried the hijack the outcome of the referendum and turn it into an opportunity to implement their own anti-European agendas.

Unfortunately for them, most of their extremist objectives are so dreamy that they can't be implemented in practice.

Luckily for the UK, the great British public may get asked in a second referendum to decide if the proposed additional terms of Brexit are to their liking.

It easy to imagine what they will decide.... I mean where's the ?350 million weekly wonga?, why are dirty foreigners still coming in?, why do we still agree to most EU laws?, why aren't we richer now?, why did my company move to Europe and make me redundant?, why is everything so expensive in the shops?, and so on.

Reply to
pamela

Ok.

Well that might be a good thing, if they represent a trend. At least that way we can start celebrating or digging our bunkers / graves.

The problem with using any of that as a guide *now* is we haven't actually left and I'm not sure everyone is yet convinced that we

*will* (including some or the Brexiteers).

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

After Brexit takes place, we will look back on the Cameron years as a golden age of cheap goods, relatively comfortable living, and good international relations.

We will see that time as a picnic compared to the struggles, expense and shortages of post-Brexit Britain.

Reply to
pamela

That's the problem, it wasn't simple. So when we "dont leave". what are all the Brexiters going to do? Get an education?

By your logic the only discussion on the table would be the exit bill.

AB

Reply to
Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp

The British public is entitled to have a referendum on the EU as frequently as it wishes.

Reply to
pamela

and Yorkshire too :D

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

Most people won't be affected by your investments. What "other" (good) effects are showing already?

Reply to
Mark

Exactly.

Which they haven't.

Quite. I don't want to jump off that cliff, wearing a blindfold.

Yes.

Reply to
Mark

So it seems.

Even I have seen that. ;-)

I think that would only be right a proper (and remember I didn't vote the first time round *because* there wasn't sufficient information that I could trust to work from).

Quite.

My mate runs a PC shop and he has noticed how the price of PC's (inc laptops etc) are going up and up. ;-(

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m