OT: DPD latest

As part of your contact details... Have you set it to 0123456789? Or some other lame witticism?

Reply to
Jim K..

Does your seller refer to DPD specifically or just "the courier". That sort of s*1t is the domain of Herpes... Also did your seller give DPD your mobile? They usually shower you with updates. Their app is quite slick too, it can match you up with deliveries based on postcode & mobile number iirc.

Reply to
Jim K..

Customs? Breakage? Time for a phonecall possibly from the sender...

Reply to
Jim K..

"If you need to contact us, click on any parcel, scroll down and click on the ?call? option. As an app user, you?ll go straight to the front of the queue and we?ll deal with your query as soon as possible. "

Reply to
Jim K..

"As an app user".....

Reply to
Jim K..

"To correct " Content? Pfft. Gaul? Asterix?

Dullard illiterate remoaner.

Reply to
Jim K..

Did he have a passport?

Reply to
Jim K..

Affect

Reply to
Jim K..

Dpd are usually very good at this.

Reply to
Jim K..

As those were likely some of the "best" bits, no big mystery at all...

Reply to
Jim K..

I had a parcel sent from the US near the end of March, and today, I wondered why it had not been delivered. It was shipped with DPD, who are usually pretty good around here.

DPD say: "DPD UK | Your DPD | Never miss a parcel delivery again!"

But when I enter the tracking number, it tells me that there is "an unexpected local issue", and my parcel has been at Snetterton since March 30. So 4 days to cross the Atlantic, and, so far, 11 days sitting near a racetrack, still undelivered.

Reply to
Davey

Awaiting customs inspection?

Reply to
alan_m

I alerted them last night. I'll call DPD myself today.

Reply to
Davey

I've just had someone use them to send something to me bought from Ebay.

Seller sent me a PM saying they'd failed to deliver and had left a card. Now I was out most of yesterday, but no card through the letterbox. So had to get back to the seller to ask for details. Tried phoning the number this morning and it just ran - gave up after ten minutes.

Their collection point is inside the congestion zone area. Which would cost me more to collect than the postage - which I paid for. And would have covered the RM cost.

Looks like I have to register on their website and try and arrange another delivery.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

I remember a similar issue with DPD, the supplier in Hong Kong had provided the tracking number about 10 days before actually shipping the item, the UK tracking system 'believed' the item was en-route ...

Reply to
Andy Burns

They gave the courier as DPD, and provided the tracking number. DPD recognise it, and say that it is stuck at Snetterton, due to the afore-mentioned "local unexpected issue". There is no more information available, I can't even find a 'phone number for the depot! Luckily, we are not desperate for the item, but this is so unlike DPD's normal service.

Reply to
Davey

OOI, is your car exempt from the ULEZ charge?

Reply to
Richard

Depends on the level of tracking/updates the seller paid for, though I find most do use the "full works"

Reply to
Andy Burns

My problem is that when I sell on ebay the carrier asks for email and phone number of the recipient of the parcel, neither of which I have. If I put in my details as the recipient to get past that stage of the booking process, I get showered with updates.

As I'm desperately trying to clear all the, often large and heavy, junk I was keeping to refurbish during my retirement, I often seem to sell for 99p, but have to charge a lot for carriage. Packing is the other killer.

Reply to
Bill

Where's that? I can't find it anywhere on my PC screen. Possibly because I use a PC, not a 'phone.

Reply to
Davey