ebay tracking can run behind USPS tracking

ebay tracking can run behind USPS tracking

I've wondered whether those seecond-level package tracking webpages are accurate, and so far they had been, but this morning, in the case of ebay, theirs was running behind.

Ebay's last report was that yesterday at 3:36pm it was PROCESSED THROUGH USPS FACILITY at the main post office downtown.

But USPS tracking had different, clearer text for that status report, and two additinoal reports:

May 13, 2021, 9:34 am Out for Delivery, Expected Delivery by 8:00pm my local post office Your item is out for delivery on May 13, 2021 at 9:34 am

May 13, 2021, 9:23 am Arrived at Post Office, my local post office

May 12, 2021, 3:36 pm Departed USPS Regional Destination Facility

I used to wonder with ebay, amazon, and others if I were wasting my time copying the tracking number, going to google, using two steps to show tracking straight from the post office, but in this case, eBay left the questions where is it and when is it coming, but USPS answered those.

Reply to
micky

USPS tracking overall is fairly poor, it's nowhere near that of FedEx or UPS. It works accurately, like you'd expect, maybe 90% of the time. I regularly see small first class packages that I put in the mailbox at the post office show no tracking until well along, in route. Nothing showing that it was scanned at the post office, nor maybe the next stop, etc. Other times it will show start to finithsh. I recently had two that showed no tracking other than that I printed the label until they got to the destination. One went from NJ to WA, the other to Italy.

USPS has a phone app that's pretty good. You can enter a tracking number in it and elect to get text updates on status, changed status, eg delivered, change in expected delivery date, or everything. Now when I buy something, many times I get a text from USPS showing that it's shipped, expected delivery date, etc. IDK if that's because of the app or because I signed up for delivery notification, but it's a nice thing. Last week it took 8 days for a small first class envelope type package to get from VA to NJ. Previously from same place it came in two to three days.

Reply to
trader_4