They're charging me 2.99$ because no one was here

one more kinds of phishing. I wonder if they have my rosebush:

From: NoReply snipped-for-privacy@talentburst.com Subject: RE : USPS Delivery informs you that your shipment N° US/ 9514901185421 is still waiting for instructions from you! Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2021 19:23:17 +0000

[USPS logo stolen from somewhere]

Dear customer,

Your package delivery has failed because no person was present at your address.

The shipping information including the tracking number can be found in the link bellow.

[Send my message]

Redelivery may be arranged by visiting the local Post Office or by the link provided.

Note: Please do not reply to this message. Replies to this message are routed to an unmonitored mailbox. If you have questions please visit our website

of course the usps is usps.gov.

Copyright USPS. All Rights Reserved.

Reply to
micky
[snip]

Actually, the Postal Service prefers "usps.com".

if you click through to

you get transferred to

danny burstein

I got a similar one from CanadaPost and it was only $1.32

Three times this week my Social Security account was suspended, twice Best Buy was charging me $399 for software stuff, Amazon is delivering an iPhone12 in Ohio

Both Spectrum and DirectTV are giving me 50% off but I have to pay for three months in advance on a gift card.

My Student Loans will be wiped out and I will get 0% interest on my credit cards.

Been a busy week. I can get insurance for final expenses too. They wanted the best number to call so I gave the number for the police station. They wanted to verify my name and asked me to spell it out. Of course I did. HEYWOOD JABLOWME

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Yes, it is usps.com I don't know about the /help part. I go there often to track some packages that are mailed to me. YOU can go there and sign up to get email sent to you as to how the tracking is going and when it is delivered.

If they sent you a tracking number I would go there and see if something is coming. You can always go to the post office and see if you do have a package .

Reply to
Ralph Mowery

Yes, by golly it's the real help page for the usps. To make it seem more convincing.

It's phishing, but strangely, I did get a package today that I didn't order. The second one in a week. My street address but another guy's name, the same name, but different vendor address.

Last week I called the phone number in the return address, but today it was too late for that, so like last week I opened it up anyhow! It was

8 SD cards, 8GB, 40m/s, worth about 50 dollars. I asked on NextDoor if anyone knows him.

It was sent 2nd day air but they gave this order the same mistreatment they gave my rosebush, even though the first day they say they tried to deliver it was 2 days later than for the rosebush. So it was the same driver not looking harder the second time, or a different driver, or they didn't even try. So it ended up taking 9 days when it should have taken 2. And he doesn't have it yet but that part's probably his fault.

The house next door, with a different street number from mine, is vacant, but the only thing that loooks vacant about it is a lot of mail in the mailbox and hanging from a plastic bag below it. I've emailed the owner, my ex-neighbor, twice, and he didn't answer. Supposedly it had a contract pending months ago, but nothing happened. I thought houses were going fast these days.

09/17/2021 4:41 P.M. Delivered DELIVERED 09/17/2021 8:53 A.M. Out for Delivery Out For Delivery Today Baltimore, MD, United States 09/17/2021 5:13 A.M. Loaded on Delivery Vehicle Baltimore, MD, US 09/17/2021 3:43 A.M. Processing at UPS Facility Baltimore, MD, US 09/16/2021 5:53 P.M. Processing at UPS Facility Baltimore, MD, US 09/16/2021 4:32 P.M. Reschedule Delivery Requested As requested by the sender, the delivery change for this package was completed. / Delivery will be rescheduled. Baltimore, MD, United States 09/16/2021 1:45 P.M. We rescheduled the delivery as the sender requested. 09/10/2021 8:09 P.M. The receiver has moved. We're attempting to obtain a new delivery address for this receiver. Baltimore, MD, United States 09/10/2021 5:11 P.M. The receiver has moved. We're attempting to obtain a new delivery address for this receiver. Baltimore, MD, United States

So he had sent it on the 8th and they first tried to deliver it on the

10th.
Reply to
micky

I guess my bad mail is worth more than your bad mail.

You're a busy guy.

Maybe you can get them in a bidding war?

That's good.

Reply to
micky

My mother received that one.

We just had phishing awareness training at work. I wish my mother could have taken it.

Cindy Hamilton

Reply to
angelica...

We got an email from HR last week saying their previous email was legitimate and not a phishing attack. We haven't had many problems since

90% of the employees are hunkered down at the kitchen table in their pajamas.
Reply to
rbowman

On Fri, 17 Sep 2021 23:38:20 -0400, micky posted for all of us to digest...

Micky, why did you open it if you knew it wasn't for you?

Reply to
Tekkie©

He may have been like me. I got a package and was expecting one. Opened it up and it was something I did not order. Then looked at the address. It was for the house next door.

Reply to
Ralph Mowery

On Sat, 18 Sep 2021 17:02:09 -0400, Ralph Mowery posted for all of us to digest...

Okay, I think his story stated he knew it wasn't for him, but that's human nature. Goody, I got a package. Lucky it wasn't from Ted Kaczynski.

Reply to
Tekkie©

No, I knew I wasn't expecting one, but I got another for the same guy a week ago. When I called the vendor (whose phone number was in the return address) he told me to open it. He thought it was a t-shirt with some clever saying on it, but it turned out to be 100 non-medical surgical masks.

It was too late to call last night so I opened it without instructions to do so, but if the guy keeps using me as his maildrop, he's got to expect a little prying. Whatever it is, I'm not going to damage it.

Last time, the vendor called back in about 5 minutes, but this time it's been 9 hours and he hasn't. OTOH, why should he work on Saturday. He would probably call back on Monday. Also this time I left a message that said he probably was given the wrong address and he coudln't just look on the original order form. He has to email the buyer, so that will take time.

I'm pretty sure I googled the addressee a week ago and I didn't find anything, but this time I used 411.com and I found someone with the right first and last name, lives about 3 miles from here. He had 2 numbers. One didn't work "at this time" and I left a message at the other. I just said call me, to see what would happen. Tomorrow I'll tell him I have his package.

I'm glad I didn't rush or go out of my way to get rid of the masks, because now I can give them too to this guy. I certainly didn't expect a second package.

The second one was 7 days late, even to me, because again UPS claimed I'd moved and dragged it out 7 extra days. And he paid for 2nd day air, a lot of good that did him. So by now he should have been complaining, the vendor should have told him what address he sent it to, (he should have perhaps realized his paypal is screwed up,) and he should know my address by now. I'm surprised he hasn't been here!

I didn't hide my phone number, and he could also get my address from that. I think he'll show up tomorrow without bothering to call me back. I'm sure he won't mind that the box is open. It looks like a 10" pizza box but it only has 8 SD cards in little plastic boxes, and 2 layers of bubble wrap.

Reply to
micky

Teddy is in SuperMax. I don't think they give him hobby supplies.

Reply to
rbowman

I have no idea what you are talking about. Is this publishers clearing house?

Reply to
Karon

Reply to
Thomas