no panic up here

just filled the car at the only petrol station for miles here in the near of Girvan at 136.9....no problems up here and I fully expect to top up at Newton Stewart later....suffer you english twats ...tee hee

Reply to
Jim GM4DHJ ...

Tactful, as always, Jim ... :)

Reply to
GB

As luck would have it, I topped up the car a day before the crisis broke out. I claim no credit. It was pure luck.

My impression is that the queues for petrol have more or less ended now.

Reply to
GB

My best was when I had two accounts with tiny sums at the Bradford and Bingley. After my tax return, I decided to the accounts. I went in just before the branch closed on the Friday afternoon and closed my accounts. On Saturday morning it was announced that B&B were in administration.

Reply to
Scott

Yep. Remoaner created panic. Once everybody has topped up, it ends

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

This morning the local Tesco had people marshalling cars into a queue around the car park, perhaps 20 vehicles long, not counting the ones they had already let into the fuel station.

Reply to
nightjar

That's ten minutes queueing?

Reply to
GB

My wife's journey to work is usually about half an hour. Drive to the Park and Ride and get on the bus.

Today it took two and a half hours. All routes have a petrol station on them. Including the bus route from the Park and Ride to work.

Reply to
Bob Eager

I didn't need to get fuel, so I have no idea how long it took to get onto a pump.

Reply to
nightjar

He did not say it was cheap just that it was there. There is no shortage, just silly people and one wonders if the deliveries are stepped up, whether there will then be a shortage further down the road. Its the first really chilly day today, so I foresee all those cyclists getting back in their nice warm cars from now on, so watch this space. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff (Sofa