Homegroup on my PC

A short-cut icon has recently appeared on my desktop - a little green sphere with three smaller blue spheres orbiting it like planets. Says its a short-cut to Homegroup. I didn't consciously put it there - I don't want it - there's only me living here and I only use the one computer, but see no way of removing it as the usual 'right click - select delete' isn't on offer. So how do I get rid of it?

Windows 7, running as a 'User'.

Reply to
Chris Hogg

Extraordinary. Just installed a couple of updates, and the homegroup icon has disappeared. Long may it last.

Reply to
Chris Hogg

You need admin account to remove it. Have you recently had somebody on it as an admin or connected to it over a network? Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Microsoft have been removing the "homegroup" feature from Windows/10. Perhaps its something to do with that?

Dave

Reply to
David Wade