OT Car insurance rise?

I run studded tires in the winter. I mark them and rotate them when I change. over in November, same with the road tires in the spring. Close enough.

Reply to
rbowman

More or less. The Feds pressured us into a speed limit a while back but outside of town it's mostly ignore.

State law prohibits RealID, vaccine mandates, and other crap. Firearms up to 1.5" for smokeless powder are legal although there is a clause that it must be man portable. No crew served weapons. If you want to use black powder and build a cannon it's strictly how big are your balls?

I think the Feds studiously ignore the state. They really don't want to come here.

Reply to
rbowman

Fun they were. I liked the Sprite. I was over 6' in my youth so getting out of it amused bystanders. Actually it was roomier than a friend's Healey 3000. I lusted after a TR3 but it never happened.

I sat in a Toyota 86 but sanity prevailed...

Reply to
rbowman

It may be counter productive in terms of safety. All tyres wearing at the same rate possibly means that all 4 are down to minimum tread depth at the time of renewal. On my front wheel drive car the fronts wear down at a faster rate than the rears so at the time for the fronts to be changed there is still plenty of tread left on the rears, which happens to be the safest configuration for front wheel drive cars. If rotation is to be performed it is possibly at this time it should happen - the new tyres on the rear and the other tyres swapped to the front.

I very much doubt that rotating tyres during a yearly service us a normal dealer or garage procedure in the UK.

Sods law - in the past 6 years all my tyre changes have been as a result of punctures in or close to the side wall.

Reply to
alan_m

As I'm getting older I no longer do my own oil changes but I will avoid a main dealer for the task.

Reply to
alan_m

I certainly was on my Mazda 6.

Yes,

In 6 years I only had to buy one tyre because it wore out.

Reply to
charles

rbowman

Access to the sump plug can be a problem if there is a under engine cover fitted and/or the car needs to be jacked up safely to give clearance for crawling under the car. Possibly even more of a DIY problem if you don't have access to off road parking.

Reply to
alan_m

And then there is the question of what to do with the used oil and old oil filter. Most california municipalities contract with the waste disposal companies to provide jugs and filter bags to their customers so they can collect it with the normal trash pickup.

Reply to
Scott Lurndal

Only if you are an ABDL.

Reply to
Max Demian

Don't you just pour it down the nearest drain :)

Here in the UK my local council tip (Household Waste Recycling Centre) has a large tank for used engine oil.

Mos (all) people in the area covered by my council live within a 5 mile radius of one of the two local Household Waste Recycling Centres

Reply to
alan_m

I find the best way to avoid theives is to have something older and dirtier than everyone else.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

What do you believe the purpose of rotating is?!

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

Does that mean you have two sets of wheels? Or do you actually remove the tyres from the wheels?

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

I think America need to split into individual states.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

I wouldn't know, I don't service my car.

You do realise punctures can be repaired? If it's too close to the side, find a non-reputable garage to do it, or do it yourself with a repair kit from Ebay.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

Main dealer = cowboy.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

To change a diaper.... that really does need a mask.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

Sonnets are the most horrid invention ever.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

You make it go where nobody sees it.

Reply to