OT Car insurance rise?

My tyres are ONLY changed at an MOT.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

And swapping them round isn't farting around?!

Irrelevant. You also don't have to wait 4 times as long for the garage to change them.

Do you seriously believe the loss of grip is sudden?

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

Mine has a limit on how much you can take at once, but no limit on the number of visits per day. Funny, the queues are longer now.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

Dressing up as a minor, sounds suss.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

You mean you don't have one of these?

Commander Kinsey

I want one of those like in Knight Rider (or James Bond?) which rotates, giving you a nice selection. You just need to add some of a similar model car belonging to people you hate.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

Only 10 over and I'll flash my lights at you to get the f*ck out of my way.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

Mechanics can't be bothered doing that shit. And easy enough to set a timer.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

Did you swallow a dictionary?

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

I like people doing that, then I get a nice bargain.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

Tell that to the 2 million caught speeding each year in the UK.

Reply to
alan_m

Why?

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

They never do that, too much work.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

My MOT history is illogical, the mileage dropped.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

How many I do now is irrelevant to how many I did 10 years ago.

A few weeks ago I was behind

It's funny when they try that in front of a lorry.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

I sometimes end up with comprehensive because they charge less for it the morons.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

On 27/01/2022 21:54, Rod Speed wrote: '

If they reach the point where they fail a MOT on tread depth its typically 40% less grip (or 40% greater stopping distance) compared to tyres with tread depth of 6mm.

Reply to
alan_m

My local council tip has had covid restrictions for the past 2 years where they limit the number of people at the tip at any one time. They achieved this by blocking off every other parking space. This did/has resulted in very long queues waiting to get in but at least there is an on-line webcam showing the queue that is updated approx every 30 seconds. If possible avoid week-ends and when the tip first opens - too many people believing if they get there early they will be first in the queue. Recently I've found mid morning on weekdays there is no queue.

Reply to
alan_m

Some may disagree with that statement. Would you like to cite evidence from a reputable source.

Here's one from an interested party, but it contradicts your statement:

In any case slicks are always better than treaded tyres in the dry.

Reply to
Fredxx

How does blocking off parking spaces work? How do people know they can't get in? Mine has a barrier with some clown allowing you through gradually.

Same council idiots here, believing they have to seperate people outdoors in the fresh air further than they're seperated in a supermarket.

They also put up a sign saying "switch off your engine while queueing." But the cars move forwards one position every 20 seconds. I ain't starting my engine 100 times.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey