OT Car insurance rise?

That's the trouble, they think like robots. In my neighbour's case, he was married a couple of months ago, how has he become a more dangerous driver since his wife died?

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

So if you defaulted on a credit card, you'd get cheaper insurance? WTF?

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

I'm 46 and pay under £200 a year for my car insurance.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

Sexuality is.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

They don't check much at all. I've made several er.... "white lies" and they've never called me on them, even after an at-fault accident.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

What measurement where you using? Oh, USA, something from 300 years ago. Cubic microfurlongs?

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

In the UK it's usually 3rd party, but stupidly requires the other car and owner to have insurance.

It's not a thing I bother checking. The police don't either. One asked me if I had business insurance when using my car for work, I said no, he said tut tut they won't like that.

I've towed my neighbour's trailer with the wrong reg number on the back, and no lights. A woman yelled at me when I stopped "without indicating". I said "I did indicate". She said "Your trailer didn't". I said "It's not my trailer". She couldn't think of a further reply.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

In the UK I see garages putting a temporary reg number in the window when they use that. The law is beyond a joke.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

Mine usually doesn't, not that I bother abiding by the law anyway.

I think it's because I usually have third party, although sometimes comprehensive is cheaper, which just goes to show the insurance companies don't have a f****ng clue.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

I lie all the time and they've never refused to pay up or got annoyed with me.

And your suggesti> You could be uninsured if you lie on an insurance declaration.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

But I'm a man, I assume it dropped for him because his wife was a woman.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

Bullshit. I'm just someone seeing what affects the quote and whether I should put other people on it etc.

And they're too thick to monitor things like that.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

Doh!

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

Which is why you always have the primary drive as a safe one. 40 year old man with 17 year old son for example. In reality the man never drives the car.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

No mystery: the ECJ ruled on sex so the Equality Act had to be amended to stop exceptions for sex. No such ruling on age.

Reply to
Robin

Which could therefore, now, be undone.

Reply to
Tim Streater

It may be scaled on the car's value and what is a 20 year old Renault worth?

Reply to
rbowman

Except for the Sportsters, Harley doesn't do cc's.

That ain't 114 cc's... My lawnmower has more than 74 cc's ffs.

rbowman

To please the police.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

Illogical, since presumably one of them is less likely to make claims.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey