Mostly Vegan - Ping Tim

In message <s7g4pc$13nj$ snipped-for-privacy@gioia.aioe.org>, RJH snipped-for-privacy@gmx.com writes

Ok. Rob. I wasn't having a pop at you. My father had a herd of dairy cows for most of his working life. From 1960 onwards on a metered supply. 600-1000litres/ litre does not come out of a tap! I guess someone has totted up the rainfall producing the dairy ration? In Texas it may come out of a borehole which is a different consideration.

Reply to
Tim Lamb

Understood but because they don't have the same levels of fat and that fat is being broken down into tiny particles that can pass into the bloodstream, rather than being passed out, I'm not sure it would have the same 'issues'?

Yes, it could well be pasteurised (is a field of oats 'a pasture'). ;-)

Or not in any way that makes it perfectly palatable.

As I mentioned, a very fussy (how he has his tea) friend said it made his tea taste like porridge but I get very little of that and even if I did, I wouldn't mind (considering the bigger picture etc).

Yes, I noticed that but it's nothing that a little shake of the container before use doesn't solve (like non homogenised milk etc).

Yeah. Ironically, unlike most carnists who are *hoping* they get enough B12 from the meat they eat (hoping that in turn is fortified with food additives, ground treatment or skin implants and digestive implants), vegans eat many foods that *are* fortified with B12, as has been proven by our recent blood tests. When you challenge the trolls re *their* B12 levels they offer no actual proof and so could easily be in the 40% of the population (few of whom are vegan statically) are B12 deficient?

Oh, weren't we at around 3 :1 previously?

I used a fairly fine (stainless) sieve but I think that was too coarse. Still not a real problem in use though, given I may well be eating oats in any case. ;-)

Cool. ;-)

Oh, I didn't know that (I previously bought Sainsbury's own / white label stuff before daughter got the oats from Aldi) and they are cheeky eh. ;-)

Excellent. And that's the point isn't it, it's a bit like this:

That's what I thought when I first opened this Kavanaghs, a bit too good to blend ... as compared with the cheapo (well, 'Basics', I don't even how they compare, piecewise): <checks>

(11p/100g versus 16p/100g at Aldi).

Yeah (long time since I've had that).

Lol.

Now, apparently we can grow soya beans in the Uk:

And I've grown plenty of beans before. ;-)

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m
<snip>

Sure.

Ours goes with the std recycling?

Yup and there is nothing stopping them bottling alternative milks. ;-)

Agreed.

Especially here. ;-)

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

You need to kick your council's arse then. In Canterbury district it's been recyclable along with your glass and plastic items for some years now.

Reply to
Tim Streater
<snip>

If it was important to you, you would support methods like:

There are other methods too, which successfully reduce the amount of methane ruminants produce.

We all know you don't really care about atmospheric methane and your agenda is based on envy where our loved ones allow us to eat meat.

Eat your heart out T i m.

Reply to
Fredxx

A 1kg of oats will cost ~ £1, so 1p will be ~10g or 1/3oz

I tend to use 100g 1cup for a pint which is like 10p, still cheaper than the Supermarket for milk, do you have a secret cheap source of oats?

Your post is infinitely superior to T i m's, I hope he learns from your example.

Reply to
Fredxx

Don't forget Tim claims to feed his dogs meat products, so I guess that makes him a non-ethical vegan.

Reply to
Fredxx

My feeling is that it's a red-herring, cattle can only consume so much water and apart from evaporation the water can only go back into / onto the ground.

I guess where irrigation is sued for silage water may be used, as it is for any crop where there is a rainfall deficit.

I can't quickly find numbers, but oats require a fair amount of water. In some countries grown with flooding.

Reply to
Fredxx
<snip>

Low cholesterol levels can lead to complications, "men of all ages and women over 50 with very low cholesterol were likely to die of cancer, liver diseases, and mental diseases".

I think I'll stay with my wide, natural balanced diet thank you.

Reply to
Fredxx

Be a good boy and f*ck off.

Reply to