Mostly Vegan - Ping Tim

But humans have *evolved* to be able to consume it (at least, a lot can). So how do you justify that statement?

Reply to
newshound

He's talking bollocks. We are naturally tolerant towards lactose. Every baby is.

Anothe faceplant from T r o l l , who would be well advised to do a bit of research before sounding off.

Reply to
Tim Streater

He can't, beacuse what humans and other mammals have done is evolve to consume milk - full stop. Huamn milk has a different make-up to cows milk, but both contain lactose.

Reply to
Tim Streater

He can't, his hatred towards milk drinkers is down to envy.

Fredxx

More than 60+% of the population can't so if that was an EU referendum result that would be a win to 'The world population is lactose intolerant. ;-)

Do you really think I would need to justify a statement re humans evolving a tolerance to something we should never have been consuming in the first place?

Did we have to become tolerant to our mothers milk, apples, nuts or berries (we as in the vast majority, not some obscure cases)?

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

Nutters never let facts get in the way of their made up stats.

Reply to
ARW

I wouldn't be doing so if we were trying to *SURVIVE* you stupid Goblin.

Doh!. No, I mean 60% of my local pub or your asylum. <rolls eyes>

No shit sherlock.

And in other countries / cultures (that think drinking a mothers milk after you have weaned to be weird) have much greater levels of lactose intolerance.

Bwhaha ... (you are funny).

Only those who have gained that 'tolerance (to something we shouldn't have been consuming in the first place) by long term exposure to it. Hardly an indicator that we were *meant* to consume it eh freak?

Aw bless, the stupid goblin tries to conflate science and biology with culture. Awww ...

Yes, *before we wean' you cow nipple sucking weirdo!

'Occasional ... so even less than the 40% then? It's the exception that proves the rule to you does it (I suppose it would if you are desperately trying to justify your position).

Yeah, of course, because in the world of a sick Goblin desperately trying to substantiate it's disgusting habit ... they will suddenly gain the powers of speech?

No, we may have taken the surplus milk from a cow at some point in our past TO SURVIVE but outside of that, the idea is still *disgusting* to a very large percentage of the world population ... and I'm not even talking about the many million who agree (but aren't vegan) and have moved onto alternative milks that are no only more 'natural' (they aren't the growth fluid for a different species) but cause fewer health issues, are more sustainable, far less cruel, create less pollution, create fewer greenhouse gasses, use far less water and are more sustainable.

But you carry on sucking on that cows teat baby! ;-)

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

Not when it doesn't suit your flavour of fanaticism, of course not.

Contrary to your belief, we should be consuming milk as part of natural, balanced diet.

Tolerance for most animals is only in the infant stage. It is lost through maturity, except for us humans of course.

Reply to
Fredxx
<snip>

Aww, poor stupid Goblin ...

Nope.

Oh look, a great big lump of disingenuous troll shit there, like

*anyone* was talking about babies.

When *normal people* talk of 'lactose intolerance we are (of course) referring to it in it's more complete description of 'Adult lactose intolerance'.

Oh, beautiful, that mirror rebound faceplant must *really* hurt eh Goblin!

Ah, yes, you and your research. I think you must have confused the word 'research from 'guesswork' as so far, that's all you seem to have come up with!

So, when we are babies you think the best thing we can have is cows milk and the best thing (all round, for us, the environment, the cows, in 2021) is to carry on drinking the growth fluid you should have never been drinking in the first place (because it's from a different species, unless you *are* a baby cow and that would make much more sense) even though after all these years, over 60% of the (world) population is *still* intolerant to it!?

If I was trying to convince you to drink cows milk for the first time

*today*, you would have every right to consider me weird (because it is).

Now, I get the 'I drink cows milk because I've always drunk it, there weren't that many alternatives in those days and I'd never really considered the negatives ...', and that because you are old and obviously don't care about animals, don't see any reason why you should do anything more informed or progressive today.

You would also have been of the last one to get rid of your slaves and stop bear baiting. :-(

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

We are, however much you would like it to be otherwise.

Which is rare in the Western World:

I guess it did from your desperation.

Actually it is recommended that babies drink their mother's breast milk.

You are an idiot. You have been told many times that the native population of the developed western world has evolved a gene to digest milk in adulthood.

Only a fanatic would continue to be blind to the facts.

If it was for the first time there is a chance we might not have evolved to posses the gene to digest milk.

From someone who admits they don't care about animal welfare while the animal is a alive that's a bit rich. Some of do care about animal welfare, while you don't.

That is a strange accusation. Which can only be made from someone who is envious we are free to do what we like (within laws and social morals), drink what we like, and eat what we like. And we are allowed to use eggs for glazing pasties and breads.

This envy is eating away at your soul. Please get help.

Reply to
Fredxx

Claptrap. Unadulterated claptrap.

If humans hadn't been able to process lactose, humans would not have succeeded as a species.

Reply to
Spike
<snip bs unread>

Just in case this saves you some time, let me tell you how I use my newsreader.

When I first open it it's not set to download any new headers, I click on that manually.

Then I see any new threads, threads with new messages and new messages in those threads (if expanded or when I expand them) marked in red.

If I see a reply from you, Spike, crazy-dave and a few others I typically don't open them (especially when I know you are likely to be spouting more trolling bollox), just reading the normals and for a laugh, the Squeaker Goblin and Turnip etc.

When I check again for new messages, it changes the colour of the red ones to black and hence they disappear into the background, never to be read.

So, given it's pretty obvious you are never going to stop causing animals to die and suffer unnecessarily ... just for your personal pleasure and it's patently obvious to any normal person that vegans don't do that, I *really* DGAF what BS you have to say on the subject so please don't bother on my behalf (as I'm never going back to causing animals to suffer and die, just because you (trolls) do).

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

T r o l l still hasn't grasped the basics, namely that we are all (all mammals, that is) born with the ability to process lactose. From Wikipedia:

"Infant mammals nurse on their mothers to drink milk, which is rich in lactose."

so that includes humans, most particularly babies.

Winky goes on to say:

"Many people with ancestry in Europe, West Asia, South Asia, the Sahel belt in West Africa, East Africa and a few other parts of Central Africa maintain lactase production into adulthood. In many of these areas, milk from mammals such as cattle, goats, and sheep is used as a large source of food. Hence, it was in these regions that genes for lifelong lactase production first evolved. The genes of adult lactose tolerance have evolved independently in various ethnic groups. By descent, more than 70% of western Europeans can digest lactose as adults, compared with less than 30% of people from areas of Africa, eastern and south-eastern Asia and Oceania."

So as I said before, at the root of it is whether your culture included drinking milk. If it did, then over the millenia your group might well evolve genes to enable drinking into adulthood, as that would confer an evolutionary advantage.

Speaking of drinking fluids from other species, T r o l l might like to have a friendly word with various ant species, which farm aphids and use their secretions as food. The benefit to the aphids is protection from predators.

Reply to
Tim Streater
<snip>

Yes, and? Where does wiki say that human babies are best raised on cows milk?

Yup, for them it's normally called 'survival' rather than choice.

Yup, because of the circumstances / cultures / religions of 'some people', those people have *developed a tolerance to something they were never designed in nature to consume, certainly after they had weaned themselves*.

Humans were ,meant to drink human mother breast milk, cow calves were meant to drink cow mother breast milk, etc etc.

Yup, but still very very weird in 2021, not the 1821 that the Squeaker Goblin was born and still lives in.

Ah, so now the Goblin thinks we should use ants as a guide for our morals and ethics!

If only then we weren't slaughtering all those cows and calves just for you to be able to drink the growth fluid that was meant for the calves and not you, we could say we had a symbiotic relationship like the ants ... Do the ants artificially inseminate the aphid as well?

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

IOW, you don't like your *claims* being countered by *facts*. This thread has contained good examples of that.

Reply to
Spike

Claptrap. Pure, unadulterated claptrap.

People do not "...[develop] a tolerance to something they were never designed in nature to consume...", they have the ability to digest it

*from* *birth*. HTH.
Reply to
Spike

I survive each day and eat meat as a natural balanced diet. Need, want, choice are meaningless words in the context of human emotion. Very few, as a proportion to world population, succumb to famine.

That is perhaps what has held them back, while the rest of the world with the lactase persistent gene advanced through industrialisation.

Some species have, of course, evolved to drink milk into maturity.

It is only weird to fanatical vegans, envious our loved ones allow us to drink milk.

Given they have a social structure and are sentient beings, they can be no worse that your morals.

Reply to
Fredxx

Facts you dare not read.

You come across as being intensely ignorant in the RW with your head firmly planted in the sand.

Reply to
Fredxx

It doesn't, and they aren't, and no one has suggested they should be.

No, shit-for-brains, they haven't developed a tolerance. The point is thay

*haven't* developed an *intolerance*.

Which is not the same thing at all. Getting a clue yet?

Reply to
Tim Streater

Next weekends dinner sorted.

Ostrich steaks.