‘Veggie’ Tim?

There used to be a poster called Tim who was a ‘keen’ veggie, hated 4x4s, liked the sealant you squirt into tyres, …..

I’ve not seen a post from him in a couple of years - probably before Covid.

Has something happened to him?

Reply to
Brian

He popped-up in one of the uk.tech groups a few months ago, I replied to a few of his posts but he didn't reply back, I'm probably killfiled not so much due to brexit itself, but his opinion that retroactively imposing a super-majority voting requirement would be a good thing ...

Reply to
Andy Burns

I hate 4x4s but I'm no veggie. Modern veggies tend to drive chelsea tractors and eat junk food rebranded as vegan.

Reply to
Ottavio Caruso

You mean the spaced out "T i m"?

IIRC he went a bit "David Icke", and started filling every post and reply, on any topic, with puritanical vegan proselytising. He probably got a bit fed up with the less than warm response this generated, got the hump and left.

Shame really, he had posted some interesting stuff previously.

Reply to
John Rumm

Nothing wrong with 4x4s if they’re the right tool for the job.

Not just veggies. Just about anyone with a precious cargo to ferry to their local primary school by the look of it in my street.

A certain amount of truth in that.

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

Yep, baked beans with diabetic causing amounts of sugar and a year's supply of salt per can now being rebranded as veggie protein :)

Reply to
alan_m

I think that was his ID.

That’s him.

He probably

Sounds like he is still alive. I was starting to think he’d died.

Reply to
Brian

Sounds like he is still around.

Reply to
Brian

I saw a post on this group with the subject: "Re: OT: UK government emergency warnings"

where on 24/04/2023, 19:34

where he used the ID: snipped-for-privacy@spaced.me.uk

and signed his post: Cheers, T i m

His only reply was from 'Kinsey'. I've not seen him anywhere else. I do wonder if he's been banned from Usenet!

Reply to
Fredxx

He did, but his signal to noise, or should it be noise to signal was appalling.

Reply to
Fredxx

He posted yesterday on a Mac NG.

Reply to
RJH

Not possible to get banned from usenet.

Reply to
Rod Speed

You take the term too literally. Given the 'persuasion' of his wife over his eating habit I'm sure her power extends further than his stomach.

Reply to
Fredxx

I think he still posts to uk.com.sys.mac

look at thread "Disabling notification sounds on hearing aids?", it looks like him.

Reply to
Andrew

I would give Ulrika Jonsson a test drive.

Reply to
ARW
<snip>

Clearly.

Reply to
Clive Arthur

You never could bullshit your way out of a wet paper bag.

More fool you.

Reply to
Rod Speed

But you'd give anything a test drive that isnt actually dead.

Reply to
Rod Speed

Even more pathetic than you usually manage and that's saying something.

Reply to
Rod Speed

Thank you, good to know he is still around.

Reply to
Brian