Here's another little mess that Prescott and the EU have cooked up

The BBC advertise vacancies in all sorts of different ways.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Yas Dave, but which is the only UK daily to carry page after page of them? The Guardian.

We've gone way off topic now - let's carry on this discussion, if at all, by e-mail. OK by you?

Reply to
Paper2002AD

Maybe, just maybe, his 'scare' stories, which some might recognise as a valuable warning of what lunacy is proposed next, are so close to the truth that even the government is forced to change its plans

Reply to
Paper2002AD

Would you prefer they were only in the Sun? Or in every national newspaper?

Or in the one with the most widely read (by people of all political persuasions) media section?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

So the complete government policy is based on what some dick splash journalist writes in a newspaper?? What planet are you on?

Reply to
Tony Hogarty

Do you really expect anything other than scare stories in a right wing paper dead set against any form of union with Europe? Even although we've been a member of such a union for many years> And was confirmed by those who voted in a referendum?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

One which thinks right wing papers print gospel and all others lies.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

alt.politics is that way mate ===>>>

Reply to
:::Jerry::::

It is, if it's Murdock's wish, it seems to get done.....

"Would the last person to leave the country please turn the lights out." [ Pro Tories ]

"It was the Sun wot won it." [ Pro Labour ]

Reply to
:::Jerry::::

I take it you haven't seen this article then

Clive Summerfield

To be fare Dave, that was a referendum a 'Common Market' (common trade agreements etc.) and not on any form of 'Political Union', there has never been a referendum on the latter.

Reply to
:::Jerry::::

it is categorically pro-labour, but like the rest of us, it is so fed up with it that it is thinking of changing its allegiance. Now tell us again about the Guardian's political impartiality?

Reply to
Paper2002AD

You mean to the right?

Reply to
Paper2002AD

Go to

:~)

Reply to
:::Jerry::::

There must be an awful lot of people living in Islington then, given the Guardian's circulation. Do you think the council knows this for tax purposes?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Please explain just where we've had a political union? Unless you've not noticed, we're involved in a war while other members aren't. What could be more basic than that?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Such tripe. It is firmly not Tory though, which is agreat thing.

Reply to
IMM

Who are these mythical chattering classes. Do all other class not engage in chatter and these do? Who are they? Where do they live? I have never met any.

Reply to
IMM

We now have 'EU', European Community - United Kingdom and Northern Ireland, passports and not 'United Kingdom, Northern Ireland and Commonwealth' passports. We are citizens of the EU first and citizens of Britain second. You can't get much more basic than that !

In saying that, I'm not drawing any conclusions on the merits, just pointing out that the organisation the country entered in Jan '73 is not the same as it is nowadays.

Reply to
:::Jerry::::

In message , Paper2002AD writes

More a case of planetary survival

When it comes to Bush, impartiality is a shot between the eyes not deviating to the left or right lobe (no damage there then ...)

Reply to
raden