Here's another little mess that Prescott and the EU have cooked up

Perhaps you'd give me the reasons for not wanting to be part of Europe if it's not just pure jingoism? Because that's what it comes down to with most at the end of the day.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Exactly what I posted earlier

Reply to
raden

Not as much as to the US

Look up the WW2 war debt (but make sure you're sitting down first) and ask yourself why Bliar didn't trade some of it off against being Bush's puppy dog for the current fiasco

Reply to
raden

You suggested Kent.

Reply to
IMM

No, you said that you left Kent and I said you went back you your tower block, you then asked if it was in Kent ! Doh...

Reply to
:::Jerry::::

Because our people do not wish to be governed and taxed from Brussels. No other reason is really necessary.

However, as has already been said, other nations can live an EU independent existence, so can we. When the auditors refuse to sign off the Brussels accounts because of corruption, we should be happy and pay? Joining Europe has cost us far more than leaving Europe ever could(even worse when common taxation is introduced and we have to bail out their bankrupt state pension schemes!) and leaving will give our people a better standard of living and more freedom to live their own lives. We are being forced to throw our fishing industry (and others) onto the scrapheap and our farmers are not allowed to produce the UK milk consumption requirements. The CAP is costing every family in the UK£20 per week AIUI. The old Europe government are providing illegal taxpayer subsidies to many of their industries and putting ours out of business. We should stay with this? European economic competitivity is below that of the UK and going down, the Chinese will be the winners. EU unemployment is superficially double that of the UK according to Gordon's figures. (Almost certainly not correct, I estimate that true UK unemployment is now around 4M and the black economy is growing fast.)

The idea of a common Europe is a politicians dream, history tells us that you cannot unify people when there is more than one language or culture, look at Yugoslavia if you want to see what happens!

The Euro is a banana republic currency and already Greece, (Italy?) and Spain have wild governmental overspending. (Greece from paying for the overspent Olympics, watch out UK taxpayers, your turn is coming!) It is only the weakness of the dollar and the government overspending here which is keeping the currency afloat. The merchant bankers are convinced that the Euro cannot survive once the dollar recovers, which it will, hence their enthusiasism for the £ and some other currencies.

As a majority of the total population wish to leave the EU, then now is the time to do so. The problem is that only UKIP has this as a policy and the Conservatives cannot be trusted not to sell us out again as they have done over the past 20 years.

I'm happy to be called Jingo-istic, if it suits your prejudices, I'd rather argue for the best interests of the UK population based on facts and not opinions.

As an aside, switching from UK purchase tax to EU VAT meant that we went from 33 tax inspectors to 3000 tax inspectors and imposed a massive accounting load on all our businesses, which all of us are still paying for.

2nd aside! I'm delighted to see that George Bush was re-elected as president of the US. If you take the trouble to look in detail at Kerry's actions as a safe seat, special interests, politician over the past 20 years, then you wouldn't want this man to represent you. Bush had a good social values track record in Texas and was re-elected as president by the people who believe in preserving ethics and family values in the USA. Fortunately, there are enough of them. We need the same principles to be re established in the UK, but I don't see much hope of it. Yes Iraq is a mess, but would you rather grasp nettles now, when they are small, or later when they have taken over the fields?

Regards Capitol

Reply to
Capitol

So you've asked everyone, have you?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

We do, as we are in the EU and have signed up for everything except the euro and that will only be a matter of time. Boy are you dumb.

Look at Switzerland. They have 4 languages.

< snip tripe >
Reply to
IMM

If ^W as I misread the attributions, I apologise- I inferred that You'd made the statement about 'so as a citizen ... " Sorry, mea culpa, 'scusi,

Reply to
Brian Sharrock

Family values/ethics being 'kill ragheads'. The polls show Bush voters considered security as their number one priority. Having voted Bush back in, after the mess in Iraq, they obviously don't have a clue.

Reply to
StealthUK

No problems. If it turns out that as a Eur Ing or C.Eng. I would be able to sign off installations I will be exceedingly happy but I doubt very much that it will happen.

At present, as I understand it, *anyone* can sign a test certificate, there's no specific qualification needed. In general it will of course be signed by someone from the company that did the electrical work but that isn't a requirement.

When part P comes into force the Building Regulations 'sign off' can be either self certification by a company which is a member of one of the approved bodies (NICEIC and another) or it must be signed off by the Building Regulations people themselves (presumably they will simply employ an NICEIC company to do it).

Reply to
usenet

Yes, it's good for a laugh isn't it! I always try and put 'Eur Ing' as my title when filling in silly web forms. It's amazing what I get addressed as on junk mail sometimes. :-)

Reply to
usenet

Self certification as per CORGI. Will all electricians have to be certified as per CORGI?

Corgi by their own surveys, are finding that over 30% of all corgi installations are incorrect.

I can see that working in new builds, but what if you want to extend the ring main. You notify the council? Appears that way. So you will have to pay to get in a man from the council to tets & inspect your installation because you moved a socket a few feet.

Reply to
IMM

Look at Britain ! We had at least 4 at one time, three are still going strong, although as minority languages.

Reply to
:::Jerry::::

Don't be silly. Switzerland has 4 languages that are widely spoken and will be the only language in the defined areas.

Reply to
IMM

I refer the honourable gentleman to the answer I gave some moments ago

Reply to
Paper2002AD

If that was under Capitol, pure jingoism.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

I doubt if Romantsch (if that's how it's spelt) is spoken by any more people than speak Welsh, or even Gaelic.

Reply to
usenet

NICEIC and another will be the electrical equivalent of CORGI as I understand it.

I'm not saying I'm in favour of this, far from it.

Reply to
usenet

That still leaves you with 3. I have met German speak Swiss who can't speak French. When they go to the French speaking areas it is like being in a foreign country to them.

Reply to
IMM