Prescott...

Has "lost his department". Good. Will it affect the making of any more stupid laws, I wonder.

Reply to
Chris Bacon

But apparently he is to still have his title. So the ODPM website will not be run by the DPM ? Huh ? They'll have to rename the acronym, um, something like "office of the dim-witted or purposefully mad". By the way, what whitehall departement had building regs before Mr Prescott ? Also, I hate the way the London broadcasters call him "Mr Prescut". Thats a letter 'o' on there. Simon.

Reply to
sm_jamieson

On 5 May 2006 05:55:49 -0700, sm snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com had this to say:

Department of the Environment.

Reply to
Frank Erskine

Not only - the ODPM will be restructured, renamed, broken up and the crappier bits given to Ruth Kelly as a punishment.

That leaves John free to eat all the pies and pursue his other "hobbies".

Until they need to wheel him out for the Gateheads campaign come the general election.

Surprised Hewitt kept her job - also surprised Straw lost his.

As to stupid laws, wouldn't be surprised if teh bit of the ODPM that handles building regs were revived and given to Clarke, after a suitably contrite period of course.

Cheers

Tim

Reply to
Tim S

Eh! Our Tone! It says in the 'Echo' that Straw bloke, has taken Condeleeza to the Philoharmonic 'all! I shudda done that ... I'm from the 'pool!

Well mon cheries he _is_ the Foreign Secretary!

That can be fixed!

--

Brian

Reply to
Brian Sharrock

As it now appears we now have a rabid religious fundamentalist in charge of such things I suspect it will get much worse. Electricity will have to reverse itself on Fridays and gravity will be repealed.

Reply to
Peter Parry

The message from Tim S contains these words:

Mistress. Noun. Item found between a minister and a mattress.

Reply to
Guy King

If he wants to eat all the pies and shag that is his business and his alone.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

PMs of both parties have appointed a DPM as a way to neutralize the opposite wing. The problem with is that it's only a title, not a function. That is the basic reason why the civil servants at the ODPM have been forever looking around for make-work projects, to make their boss look busy.

There is some of that tendency in every government department, but it has been far worse in the ODPM because it never had any real reason to exist.

When the ODPM is broken up, the same civil servants will take their present responsibilities with them. But once they have been moved to a department that has some real reason to exist, let's hope they will be given some real work to do as well.

Reply to
Ian White

very good :-)

Reply to
.

that /is/ worrying, isn't it ?

Reply to
.

Not if he ruins governmental blotting paper in the process!

Reply to
Hamhoff

Minister? Mister IIRC, unless I'm being dense.

Reply to
Chris Bacon

The message from Chris Bacon contains these words:

Well, he's still the Deputy Prime Minister.

Reply to
Guy King

Fine, provided that he does it on his own time and his own premises and not the ones that I am paying for.

Reply to
Andy Hall

He has a new job from today

Mechanical elephant visit looms A huge mechanical elephant weighing 42 tonnes is due to thunder through central London, closing roads and drawing thousands of spectators. The 40ft elephant will start parading through streets on Friday, part of a four-day street theatre show by French arts company Royal de Luxe.

's even an 18ft girl with it, so he hasn't learned his lesson.

Reply to
Andy Hall

Ah.

Reply to
Chris Bacon

In name only. He got that title cos no one would dare go up against him when our president was out of the country, cosying up to Bush. After all, if he can get away with chinning a member of public, how far up the scale of offences does he have to go before he is prosecuted?

Now that B Liar has had a drubbing at the polls, he has sacked/moved certain of his government, but that, in the words of H. Bogart, ammounts to a hill of beans.

The only thing that this government is good at is,

drawing lines under things, (I wonder if that is in crayon?) or saying something like 'that is a private mater', or 'that we must move on...)

No wonder voters either didn't vote (as happened in my area, 30% turn out and has always been a strong labour vote), or has voted UKIP/NF.

Blair one, or Blair 2. What is the difference between them? (Brown/Cameron)

If I had the chance to vote UKIP or NF at the local poll, I would have chosen either of them.

It's time we brought our politicians back into line. We are supposed to live in a democracy, but tell me what that means in 2006, now that ID cards are wanted by the govmint, that lets in over 30,000 EU workers and doesn't know if they have gone back home

Dave

I hope this means sense.

Reply to
Dave

Having signed the Official Secrets act to the level of UK Eyes B, (this would be one level above the DPM) I wonder what secrets she had on her arse, imprinted from the blotter, that she could have sold to the outside world?

Has anyone considered this aspect?

Dave

Reply to
Dave

Go to him Drivel, go to him now, he needs your warm embrace more than ever. If you search deep, deep within him, you may find...

Four shags a night, Three different birds, Two Jaguars, And a half eaten mouldy pork pie.

[To the tune of "Twelve Days of Christmas", with thanks to
others, so sue them for libel then!]

"Ode to the Prescott Fan Club: Presiding, and only member, Dr Drivel"

Reply to
Tim S