Making Good - Plastering

Personally I would never attempt plaster. The one and only job I worked on was a "smooth wall finish". The guys put on 3 coats and the last one was really thin and a lot of labor.

Like finishing drywall, I have be told "it is all in the wrist."

Reply to
SQLit

Can anyone advise please. I have moved into a house that needs a bit of work to the walls in one room, I took the house over from someone who started a modernisation program and then had to sell for personal reasons. The house was built in the late 40's and is brick internal wall with what looks like a cement type render, then plaster finish. Parts of the walls have artex higher up the walls, also removed and broken tile bits in other areas and a few small areas that need filling, it is currently very messy finish, it was a kitchen once and I intend to make one again. I have considered drywall but for various reason do not think it would be the best option, (rounded wall ends and ceilings, and other items) Having cleaned up the walls and removed the old tiles, does anyone know if I could I use a DIY type one coat plaster to cover all, artex as well? I do not have any plastering skills but am good at general DIY and would be willing to have a go but what sins a one coat would stick to/cover up? I don't want it to fall off the walls in a few weeks and have wasted my time and money.

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks,

Clive.

Reply to