Prescott...

A fact is a fact. It is or it is not. A near fact? Wow. Is this like, near lie - a lie that wasn't a lie but might have been if lies were told? This must be snotty uni logic. As the senile one said for 10 years we have heard all this crap out economic collapses, a house price crash, etc. None of it ever came near. The CBI have moved their headquarters from Centre point to near the Labour Party headquarters. I wonder why?

Wishful thinking from the snotty uni one. The people of the country remember the utter incompetence of the Tories and political spite they always engage in. A bunch of weirdoes obsessed with petty snobbery. Look at the piece on the Skylon:

Doctor Drivel

In article , Dave Plowman (News) writes

You can assume whatever you like in your cosy little fantasy world.

It makes *you* a troll, that's for sure.

Reply to
Mr X

Shades of Monty Python... and the TSB, IIRC.

Reply to
Chris Bacon

Oh dear. Dr. Drivel's dream come true.

Reply to
Chris Bacon

John Rumm wrote in news:44686f52$0$558 $ snipped-for-privacy@ptn-nntp-reader01.plus.net:

Sort of merging ideas I came up with "Two Ascots" for his new tag.

Reply to
Rod

Wow! Fancy walking around with a name like Rod.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

It was my understanding (source Newspaper) that the Police ruled it was an inappropriate use of Police resources. It appears there has been no investigation. The question is why? It appears when other civil servants engage in similar practice the Police do investigate, i.e. it an 'appropriate use of resources'.

From the account of his 'partner' in this, it does appear some of the activities did in fact take place during 'on duty' time although I would have thought Cabinet Ministers are always on duty.

Reply to
Edward W. Thompson

If a cabinet minister is always on duty then shagging his wife at any time would satisfy 'misconduct in public office'...

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Perhaps that is why they spend so much time shagging each other, their secretaries, and the country then?

Reply to
John Rumm

Yes - put them on a 40 hour week so they can't do so much harm.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Why?

Reply to
Chris Bacon

You can't be attending to your work while otherwise occupied?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

That activity is relatively normal between married couples (!?). The misconduct is in "carrying on" outside his marriage, whilst he's "in office" as well as, reportedly, "in the office". That's what Dribble doesn't agree with.

If he's not "attending to his work while otherwise occupied", then that could also apply to his other activities - eating up all those pies, for instance.

Reply to
Chris Bacon

Is dribble still around? Don't seem to be getting his posts. Ah well. ;-)

Anything he does at work that isn't work related is fine by me - it should take is mind off that part pee rubbish and further likely examples.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

The Politics of Fooling Around

A little boy goes to his father and asks, "What is politics?"

Dad says, "Well, Son, let me try to explain it this way. "I'm the breadwinner of the family, so let's call me Capitalism. Your Mom, she's the administrator of the money, so we'll call her the Government. We're here to take care of your needs, so we'll call you the People. The nanny

- we'll consider her the Working Class; and your baby brother, we'll call him the Future. Now, think about that, and see if that makes sense."

So the little boy goes off to bed thinking about what Dad has said. Later that night, he hears his baby brother crying, so he gets up to check on him.

He finds that the baby has severely soiled his diaper. So the little boy goes to his parents room, and finds his mother sound asleep. Not wanting to wake her, he goes to the nanny's room. Finding the door locked, he peeks in the keyhole and sees his father in bed with the nanny. He gives up and goes back to bed.

The next morning, the little boy says to his father, "Dad, I think I understand the concept of politics now."

The father says, "Good, Son, tell me in your own words what you think politics is all about."

The little boy replies, "Well, while Capitalism is screwing the Working Class, the Government is sound asleep, the People are being ignored and the Future is in deep shit."

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher