Shower baths?

We have found one of these at a decent price locally. Anyone hear any scare stories about this particular model?

It seems to have real support stands, not those hideous hoop spring things, which is a plus point.

EricP

the maker is Ideal.

No problems and a reasonable compromise, if your main use is as a shower. Bath isn't quite big enough for me to enjoy a proper lay down soak in and I'm of average height. Shower screen is very good, no leaks and it can fold out of the way for a bath.

Brian

Reply to
Brian Reay

Ideal do two versions of the showerbath in their "space" range, 1500mm and

1700mm. I assume you have the 1500mm version? I have the 1700mm version and find it bigger that the "standard" bath it replaced because of the "bulge".

Agree with your other comments, it works well and the curved screen although expensive is a great feature.

Alan.

Reply to
Alan

I came to that conclusion from poking around on the web. Ideal standard or somesuch. Problem is suppliers seem to rebrand it and call it Excelsior, Lifestyle etc. :)0

:)) Thanks, confirmed our conclusions just now, dancing around in it at the showroom. :))

Reply to
EricP

Thanks for the comments. :))

Our local supplier has it down for £475, bath, front panel, glass and plug chucked in, delivered and in stock.

Reply to
EricP

I'm thinking of getting one for my bathroom, although it will make the room even smaller. Can you confirm if the tap holes are pre-cut? I don't think I'd want the taps where they are illustrated. I'd prefer a wall mounted filler.

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle

The one I looked at isn't cut for taps, but in my opinion, the place shown is the only place to put them/it. You must look at one and judge for yourself. That place is ideal for us.

Reply to
EricP

Basically, I wouldn't mount the taps on the bath at all. I would use a thermostatic shower mixer on the wall with either a wall mounted spout, or a combined waste/filler that lets the water in by the plughole.

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle

On Fri, 05 May 2006 14:48:46 GMT someone who may be "Brian Reay" wrote this:-

If used mainly as a bath it will also mean filling it up with more water than a normally shaped bath.

Reply to
David Hansen

I think ours is a 1500 but I was comparing it to a large corner bath it replaced. To be blunt, I'm not a bath person but, when I do decide to be one, it is usually to cure muscle ache etc. , for "just a bath" is it is fine.

Brian

Reply to
Brian Reay

Ours weren't cut. I measured and several times to make sure the template was in the right place!

I used a saw type hole cutter which worked fine.

Brian

Reply to
Brian Reay

Yes a much nicer scenario, but a bit beyond our budget atm. :((

Reply to
EricP

Not very expensive. You just need a concealed thermostatic shower valve capable of low pressure operation (i.e. has large internal bore). Cost around 100 GBP and some can use an added diverter or flow valve. The bath filler/plughole things are a bit overpriced, but coming down.

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle

I was looking at the Grohe stuff. Funnily I have a £15 Aldi bar mixer with wax thermostat in it and a cheapo shower rail. Looking at the Grohe equivalent, and the geographical proximity of the companies, I wonder if the Aldi thing has grohe innards. Several of the grohe offerings look like the Aldi cheapo. :))

Reply to
EricP