Grenfell and gas pipes.

nd serious faults.

No they aren't a PAT test is an actual test. A visual test is a visual test . Just the same as you can with a MOT test, such as smashed lights, broken wo ndscreen.

Portable appliance testing (PAT) is the term used to describe the examinati on of electrical appliances and equipment to ensure they are safe to use. M ost electrical safety defects can be found by visual examination but some t ypes of defect can only be found by testing.

past I;ve had items that have failed this.

WTF do you mean by that.

Reply to
whisky-dave

at

find serious faults.

tion of electrical appliances and equipment to ensure they are safe to use. Most electrical safety defects can be found by visual examination but some types of defect can only be found by testing.

e past I;ve had items that have failed this.

You are so clueless. Have a nice life.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

o find serious faults.

n wondscreen.

nation of electrical appliances and equipment to ensure they are safe to us e. Most electrical safety defects can be found by visual examination but so me types of defect can only be found by testing.

the past I;ve had items that have failed this.

No you tell me what you mean by not always. If the appliance has an Earth fault then it would fail the PAT test it migh t not fail a visual inspection, this is what happend with a few bench suplk iies we had in teh lab the PAT unitl gave a resistabnce of >0.5 ohms IIRC a nd that was a fail, so I reduced the lengh oif the mains cable and the meta l parts of teh case sanded down so the earth screw went back to metal rathe r than 20+ years of grim. The meter on one of thesde PSU was next calibration date 1987 which was whe n the unit was meant to be calibrated, which isnlt a PAT failure in case th ough assumed it was.

Reply to
whisky-dave

I will on one condition. You get a good bit more realistic about your lack of knowledge instead of arguing from ignorance with people that have done PAT testing and understand the subject properly. Since that won't happen, enjoy your life. Bye.

Reply to
tabbypurr

I have the knowledge you have NOT.

\ instead of arguing from ignorance with people that have done PAT testing and understand the subject properly. Since that won't happen, enjoy your life. Bye.

What do you mean by done PAT testing what did you do just look at the equipment. In order to PAT test you have to do a bit more than just look at the item.

whisky-dave

plonk.

Reply to
tabbypurr

So you are a plonker, no suprise there.

Reply to
whisky-dave

replying to dennis, Russell Hurley wrote: You are completely right. Cladding is a scapegoat.

Reply to
Russell Hurley

replying to Roland Perry, Russell Hurley wrote: Yes. Mixed messages indeed. Cladding is not an issue. Get that our of your mind. The new windows went before the cladding did. The gas was St...........] >{|;|]}

Reply to
Russell Hurley