Torbeck Valve

Had to replace cistern valve. The original ball c*ck arm had a copper and this had been bent into an 's' shape to go around the syphon box but new one was straigt hard plastic so the answer was a Torbeck of which Ihad never heardof before.

Anyway the 'Torbeck' I got still collides with the syphon so I twisted it off the vertical to clear the syphon. It now appears to be working fine but will this affect the satisfactory runib of the valve ?

Reply to
fred

You just answered that did you not? "It now appears to be working fine"

Reply to
tabbypurr

I'm sure you can still get valves with bendy levers to the ballcock. so perhaps if you get hassles a more careful look around might source them.

The off centre buoyancy can sometimes cause sticking on crappy plastic valves but normal ones are pretty good unless there is a lot of limescale. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff