Bloody Torbeck valve!

The cistern in the downstairs loo has given no trouble for 30 years, it being the traditional ball c*ck version.

The upstairs loo, on the other hand, gives trouble every year with the bloody torbeck diaphragm, although to be fair, the frequency of trouble was much reduced once the water softener was fitted.

Then B&Q only sell the wrong type of diaphragm, the one with the plastic pip when I need the one with the little hole.

Nevertheless, the sales assitant in B&Q was very helpful and when he looked up the stock list on his hand portable device, the picture showing was for the one that I wanted not the ones on display.

In passing, I must pay a compliment to Travis Perkins for, despite being mainly a trade supplier, they were very friendly and helpful in getting me the right sort.

Needless to say, I boought a couple to tide me over the next few years,

Reply to
Gareth's was W7 now W10 Downst