Ok Dave (and others) - what's this (genuine question)

(on display in a museum, with no indications of what it was - in any language)

Reply to
tim...

Is your google broken Tim?

try a search for STM 200 recorder.

Bob

Reply to
Bob Minchin

you can read that?

and you have to know it's a recorder

Reply to
tim...

A pro tape machine of some sort. Looks like a 1/4".

There were loads of makers of such things at one time. Can't say I've ever seen one of those.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Easy enough if you blow it up.

He obviously does!

Reply to
Chris Hogg

I don't need to, I can just look at the much larger original :-)

But it's not "easy", it's written using a strange script.

tim

Reply to
tim...

It's Eastern European

I was hoping that someone would be able to narrow that down

tim

Reply to
tim...

Is it this one?

G.Harman

Reply to
damduck-egg

STM-200 is pretty clear.

And that e-bay link I put up says it's Hungarian. "Mechlabor STM-200-b professional studio Reel-to-Reel tape recorder MONO 19/38 cm/s in perfect visual and working condition....It was the property of Magyar Rádió (Hungarian Radio Broadcasting) as seen on certificate on the front. Made in Hungary at Mechlabor Pécs"

Reply to
Chris Hogg

I Googled it and found that sort of thing. It's probably a very run of the mill machine. Makes like Studer sold internationally are easier to find details of. That's not to say it isn't a competent design.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

the one that I found was Bulgarian. I assumed that was the previous owner rather than the manufacturer

tim

Reply to
tim...

As it's in this E European museum (as a general exhibit of tat, not in a themed location)

I assumed that it was from the communist era and that importation of ROW devices was not available

tim

Reply to
tim...

In article , Chris Hogg scribeth thus

Thought I'd seen most all makes of tape machine but never that one!..

Reply to
tony sayer