What's this?

bought a set of screwdriver bits for the drill and this was amongst them.

Reply to
Guy King

Its for screwing in hooks. Tempted to say its to screw in 2 screws at once :)

NT

Reply to
meow2222

Its an hook bit for driving in hooks, eyelet types.

Reply to
The3rd Earl Of Derby

The message from "The3rd Earl Of Derby" contains these words:

Cunning. Now I just need to need to screw in some cuphooks.

Reply to
Guy King

Its a bit of a useless bit really,particulary when it comes to putting the hooks near to a flat side panel...you cant turn the darn thing as the panels in the way.

Who makes these gimmicks anyway? got to be a white collar worker whos never handled a tool in their life.

Reply to
The3rd Earl Of Derby

So how does a know-it-all^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^ experienced DIYer like your grace install screw hooks. I always find it a slighty awkward job using pliers or an imporovised tommy bar. That bit looks excellent and I intend to procure one ASAP

Reply to
dcbwhaley

Long bladed screwdriver with a 1/4"or5/8" shaft,preferably magnetic and one thats taken a belt from the mains :-) then cut/grind the flat head,cut a

1/2" recess into the shaft with an large hacksaw blade as this will give sufficent width for those tiny eyelets/hooks. Slip an eyelet into recess and using a nail punch to give a starting hole then screw the eyelet home.

Oh! god its hard to be humble. :-)

Reply to
The3rd Earl Of Derby

Damn I havn't patented it. :-(

Reply to
The3rd Earl Of Derby

But I am a paragon of virtue when it comes to electrical work so I don't have any screwdrivere that have "taken a belt from the mains" :-)

Reply to
dcbwhaley

It's obvious - It's what you call a wotsitbit ! :-))

woodglass

Reply to
woodglass

I want one, I want one! I've been looking for ages. Where did you get it?

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Screwfix do them in a box of scewdriver bits.

Reply to
The3rd Earl Of Derby

The message from "The Medway Handyman" contains these words:

Local market, part of a Tyson set-of-a-zillion-bits for £1.99.

Bung me your snail address and I'll post it to you - I'm not likely to use it.

Reply to
Guy King

In message , Guy King writes

Nothing to do with cup hooks, skyhooks or ballhooks (sic).

It's a Wing Nut Driver. No, dear, that's not Gary Lineker's chauffeur.

Just found a picture of it on the sleeve of a box of bits bought some time ago from Aldi or Lidl (must have been, it's in English and German).

Reply to
Peter Twydell

Also for eye screws.

Thomas Prufer

Reply to
Thomas Prufer

I'll check the rest of the thread before posting next time, ok?

Oi, geoff, 'ere:

Thomas Prufer

Reply to
Thomas Prufer

The message from Thomas Prufer contains these words:

Splendid! My German isn't wonderful but I got the idea of most of them. I reckon my favourite's DIN890.

Reply to
Guy King

Wunderschöne! Douglas de Lacey

Reply to